Loose wire under seat

LouisianaG3R

.020 Over
Ride
2021 Rocket G3 R
I’m out here detailing my bike and removed seat to find this. Could someone shed some light on this. It was just unconnected hanging out.

Attachments

• 5C2CC6D8-BD91-4BD2-A890-F615E50D3319.jpeg
    5C2CC6D8-BD91-4BD2-A890-F615E50D3319.jpeg
    217.4 KB · Views: 80
  • 032D4B0A-5A00-483C-BEBE-305A4ADB30F8.jpeg
    032D4B0A-5A00-483C-BEBE-305A4ADB30F8.jpeg
    199.4 KB · Views: 77
I’m out here detailing my bike and removed seat to find this. Could someone shed some light on this. It was just unconnected hanging out.
Sorry guys! It was just a cap protector that was off, but I still wonder what it’s for

As technoguppy said, this is a battery tender plug. Somebody, either previous owner or the dealer, connected it. So now when or if you get a battery tender, you can just plug it to this.
Some have drilled a hole under the seat and wired this somewhere under the bike so you can plug the tender to it without removing the seat.

Man this is my first Triumph coming from sport and I’m really hoping that this dealership didn’t sell me a used bike they somehow made look NEW! I mean it was a 2021 with a 4 miles on it. I have the title is this something I should be worried about??

Man this is my first Triumph coming from sport and I’m really hoping that this dealership didn’t sell me a used bike they somehow made look NEW! I mean it was a 2021 with a 4 miles on it. I have the title is this something I should be worried about??
Some bikes come from the dealer with a battery tender cable already installed (like yours). Part of that "Dealer Prep Fee" you pay for when new. My '16 V-Rod, purchased new, came with it already installed as well. No worries.

The cable can also be used later on to power other things.
-MIG

On my 2010 Touring, I keep that cord tucked under the right side cover. I can reach it with my hand, just between the wheel and saddle bag without taking the cover off. Very convenient!! I have another going into the bag with a USB adapter to charge my phone if need be.

Back