Looks like they stop building Rockets??!!

ThingKing

Child in Time
Ride
2014 R3 Roadster, 2022 Hayabusa
Captains, I was just informed by German motorcycle magazine "Motorrad", that there are no new Rockets in the 2017 lineup. :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

I checked immediately on the German Triumph website and it's still there, but Motorrad answered that those are just a few leftovers from 2016. They say Euro 4 regulations actually killed the Rocket.
Since Motorrad Magazine is typically very well informed, I am getting really concerned. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Did these stupid politicians really just delete the biggest production motorcycle? And if it is true, why would this happen so silently? Is there any more accurate info from our expert captains?

My dealer, in Pensacola, Florida, gave me the same information. Triumph has dropped it's Rocket line and a couple of other cruisers for 2017.

"Triumph have stopped production of the R3 range indefinitely along with some other models due to E4 rules . This is not to say they won't at some stage bounce back with a brand new model featuring traction control and other changes to be Euro compliant ! "
This is a quote from the manager of one of the largest Triumph dealerships in England , after speaking with him last week ! This means firstly , those of us lucky enough to have them could quite possibly be the custodians of a valuable future classic and secondly ,
$_35.jpg

This time it's almost certainly true. R3 was known to fail EURO4 for awhile, it's too loud, EURO4 isn't just emissions but engine and exhaust noise also.

If you want to buy new, don't wait, do it now!

Triumph do have a new bike in the works but please learn from Triumphs history. The cancel a bike, tease the next one to garner interest and release nothing for years and years. They've done it with almost every model now at some point.

The Daytona 955 is the perfect example. They've built not one, but three working prototype refreshes of a big bore Daytona since 2006 thatve been seen in pictures and still no new big Daytona.

Back