looks like oil?

DaddyRabbit

Turbocharged
Ride
2006 Triumph Rocket III Classic
I rode the other day and this morning I see what I'm thinking is tranny oil! Felt the bottom of the tranny and nothing wet but had some blackish junk like maybe dried oil. Do you think it might be the seal going bad? Haven't felt or heard any noise in it!

First I would check the oil level and make sure you are at a safe level. Then I would clean the bottom of engine so that maybe after doing some riding you will be able to see where the leak is coming from. Having a slight build up of oil is not a death to the engine since it leaks very slowly and its not running on a very low on oil state. My Roadster has oil by product on the bottom of the engine but it doesn't leak fast enough to which it is dripping on the floor. I don't really worry about it but some folks would have a cow. lol

I'm positive it's not coming from engine! Looks like after riding and heating up the tranny oil after I parked it might have dripped from it! What looks to be oil on the rear wheel is directly under the tranny!

Engine and transmission oil is the same check the bevel box oil it doesn't hold much.

I'm positive it's not coming from engine! Looks like after riding and heating up the tranny oil after I parked it might have dripped from it! What looks to be oil on the rear wheel is directly under the tranny!

What tranny oil???

I'm not a wrench! I just like riding the **** thing! That's why I'm asking! :notworthy::cautious:

Wasn't picking on you, simply wondering if there was something I didn't know/understand myself.
Pretty sure there is one oil source for both the engine and tranny.
There are three drain plugs in the pan underneath. Takes 6 - 6.5 quarts of synthetic oil.
Have you an owners manual or service manual?
If not, they are available on this forum by @idk.

Should have mentioned it's a 2006 Classic! And no it hasn't had the tranny upgrade kit!

Back