Looking for your exhaust expertise!! 1k budget

Jonah.R3

.040 Over
Ride
2007 Rocket III, 2004 Suzuki SV650
Hi all!! I am currently rebuilding the trans on my 2007 rocket 3 classic tourer. While ive got my bike stripped I'd like to have all upgrades done when i turn the beast back on. Bearing in mind I have the 3 pipe exhaust and a 1000 dollar budget, what are your thoughts for exhaust replacements to oem. To be honest, I am mostly looking for sound over performance currently. Jardines are the look I was after but appear to be well out of budget.

Either CES or Viking are the current best systems going for a stock engine.
IMHO's 2 Bolivars worth.

Do you have TORS or standard exhaust look at the bottom and see if they are for off road use.
I knew I could count on you for a comment! I will check as soon as I get home tomorrow night. I don't believe last owner changed them so they likely would be just the standard I believe?

The Vikings are gorgeous! Just a bit out of budget at this time.

I've run CES for several years and love them. Customer service is top drawer from Leslie & Trevor.
Now that Paul's Vikings are in the game it'd be a toss-up for me as Paul is also a top drawer bloke!

Good luck with this when it comes to R3 exhausts nothing is cheap .

My bike came to me with a decat pipe fitted I would suggest this is good place to start to free up more power and noise .

I looked for a set of 3 pipe TOR'S ( "Triumph off road" a factory performance parts made by Triumph in case you did not know ) ) these are long since out of production after months of searching I found nothing .

However the 3 mufflers are very heavy and worth getting shot of as it makes the bike feels much lighter without them .

If your not to worried about replacing the headers I would suggest DAP PERFORMANCE made in the UK and sold on EBay.

TRIUMPH ROCKET 3 SHORT CUSTOM TWIN SILENCERS and CAT REPLACEMENT | eBay

I had a set of these and they are plenty loud look good and very well made to be honest .

They do a couple of different pipes so have a look at there other stuff .

If you want headers I think its CES .VIKING , CARPENTER , ZARD ,or JARDINE not sure they are all still in production ( I know Jardine's aren't ) there all good but not cheap also I think TTS do larger bore standard looking header .

There must be others but that's all I know of .

;)

Good luck with this when it comes to R3 exhausts nothing is cheap .

My bike came to me with a decat pipe fitted I would suggest this is good place to start to free up more power and noise .

I looked for a set of 3 pipe TOR'S ( "Triumph off road" a factory performance parts made by Triumph in case you did not know ) ) these are long since out of production after months of searching I found nothing .

However the 3 mufflers are very heavy and worth getting shot of as it makes the bike feels much lighter without them .

If your not to worried about replacing the headers I would suggest DAP PERFORMANCE made in the UK and sold on EBay.

TRIUMPH ROCKET 3 SHORT CUSTOM TWIN SILENCERS and CAT REPLACEMENT | eBay

I had a set of these and they are plenty loud look good and very well made to be honest .

They do a couple of different pipes so have a look at there other stuff .

If you want headers I think its CES .VIKING , CARPENTER , ZARD ,or JARDINE not sure they are all still in production ( I know Jardine's aren't ) there all good but not cheap also I think TTS do larger bore standard looking header .

There must be others but that's all I know of .

;)

Zard will loose you power.
All the others will increase it.

I've run CES for several years and love them. Customer service is top drawer from Leslie & Trevor.
Now that Paul's Vikings are in the game it'd be a toss-up for me as Paul is also a top drawer bloke!
Are the CES fairly pricey as well?

Back