Looking for the Perfect Tail Bag

Gregger

Living Legend
Ride
2012 Rocket Roadster
Ok guys, as the title reads, I'm in the market for a good size tail bag that isn't aluminum or plastic and still maintains it's shape. I ride without the pillion so I want the bag to sit right behind the rider either on the pillion or on the fender (so long as it doesn't damage the paint) or on some kind of rack made to replace the pillion. Haven't seen any that turn my crank yet.

t_bags_sport_touring_tail_bag_detail.jpg

This is one I'm considering. Open to any others that you guys have tried. Any suggestions and any pics on your rides if you have found one you like?

I've been happy with the Ogio tail bag. I've used it on the Street Triple and Thunderbird, but haven't adapted it to the Rocket yet.

Well I went with the T-Bags Sport Touring Tail Bag and I'm happy it. It isn't the best looking tail bag but it is very functional, holds a fair amount of baggage, has a rain cover and expandable top. It can swallow a full face helmet no problem. I will be using it this summer along with the Leatherworks bags for some long distance travelling.

Here are some pictures of the bag with the saddle bags. Note the fastening locations. I plan on getting some better side clip type fasteners to make removal easier.
IMG_0047.JPG
IMG_0052.JPG
IMG_0053.JPG
IMG_0056.JPG

IMG_0060.JPG

Here are some pictures of the Tbag without saddle bags.
IMG_0062.JPG
IMG_0065.JPG
IMG_0066.JPG
IMG_0067.JPG

IMG_0069.JPG

Hope that gives some of you a few ideas on what's out there for this kind of application. I wish I could purchase all the various tail bags and try them out but......

Those all look good; however, this old decrep has bad hips and knees that do not allow the extra high leg swing over such a high bag. I try to get as much space as possible and keep it low under the back rest height. I have found a water-proof rafting bag durable, flexible and large enough for almost anything I wish to carry.
It is also just one bag to carry . . .

I run this bag in hi-viz yellow:

Rear-Bag.jpg

Last edited:
Back