looking for Slip Clutch for Rocket III

please bear with my ignorance. I know what a slip clutch does and how it works, difference to standard clutch etc... I also know why I want one, but I know absolutely nothing more than that. Is the Barrett a Standard performance clutch or a slip clutch?
I looked on the site but they don't talk about a slip clutch anywhere. Just a better standard clutch and clutch parts.

cheers
geo

Are you referring to a slipper clutch?

If so they are mainly for sport bikes. The allow the bike to be down shift without slowing the bike via the engine (engine braking). No real application (or need) for the Rocket.

The Barnett is a heavier duty clutch. The main benefit is the heavier springs. They are more for those that drag race or have done engine mods that produce more horsepower than what the stock clutch can handle.

The stock clutch is actually pretty good. I have about 155hp and just the heavy duty springs are good enough.

Last edited:
yup! that's the one. I like to idea of engine braking, especially downshifting in heavy traffic while cornering... I don't race my bike and I normally don't see the far side of 100. What I do do is ride a lot. Both, highway long distance and serious NYC slalom* stuff. So i was thinking the slipper clutch might actually work very well in fast/slow/shift up/shift down kinda days...

cheers
geo

*NYC Slalom - just like skiing except the gates are 2000 lbs, yellow, ...moving..., and trying to kill you...

Back