theflyinggreek

.020 Over
Ride
2007 Rocket III Classic Touring
Hello All!

I am George, I am a new member, just got the 2007 R III tourer, so far, I haven't changed anything on it.

I am still pondering what to do as for pipes and anything else for some touring and day rides.. I am looking forward to hearing from everyone for your ideas and advice on what to do with my stock bike. :cool:

What have you done to your bikes for performance and accessories..Fuel burn averages..and so on..

There aren't that many of them on the road on this side of the border:D ....

Don't think there's a whole lot out there as far as pipes for the Tourer yet, except for Triumph's own TORs.. yet. The Tourer is too new.. :) I bet travelguy could easily modify a set for one if he had a Tourer to start out with.

Hello All!

I am George, I am a new member, just got the 2007 R III tourer, so far, I haven't changed anything on it.

I am still pondering what to do as for pipes and anything else for some touring and day rides.. I am looking forward to hearing from everyone for your ideas and advice on what to do with my stock bike. :cool:

What have you done to your bikes for performance and accessories..Fuel burn averages..and so on..

There aren't that many of them on the road on this side of the border:D ....
Is it tourer or touring?:confused:

Good point, as the new "Tourer" is a 2008 model with the hard luggage. The 2007 model is with the Triumph leather bags and the windscreen, pull back bars, floor boards and the sissy bar and pad (I think) and luggage rack.
Dennis

The Touring is an '08 model, with hard luggage. The Tourer is an '07 model and is a classic with soft bags and a windshield.

Welcome to the site greek. There are several options to choose from regarding exhaust and performance upgrades. Most can be found here...

Link Removed

You might also check out Tuneboy and Powercommander.

Mileage I have gotten from 40 mpg to 25 mpg, just depends on the degree of tune and how hard you ride.

The '07 is a Tourer. I have one. The 08 is a Touring, I want two :D but I'm poor.

IMO, unless you're needing over-the-top power and noise you've got the best of Triumph's Rocket III. What colors do you have?
1. "Silencer Upgrade" is a cat box replacement. It takes less than an hour to install, with the right techniques for removal of the wire mesh gaskets (or buy replacements), and you've suddenly made a large performance increase without NOISE. And the growl is boosted tremendously and you'll appreciate the sound without the NOISE.
2. Stebel Nautilus air-horn; can be mounted under left side cover. The Wolo is the same and can be had all chromed for external applications.
3. "Back-Off" rear turn, stop, running Light device with voltage modulator; can be mounted under seat on the fender (use velcro) and just aft of battery.
4. Auxiliary Light Kit, OEM; a solenoid will need to mounted and can be managed under the left side cover with consideration for the Stebel horn.
5. Lower Deflectors, OEM.
and the following not in priority order:
Tuneboy.
Flipmeister Brake Line Clamps.
Flipmeister Handlebar Wiriing/Cable Line Clamps;
and in about 18 month or so:
Flipmeister Saddle Bag Liners.
Rear Floor Boards.

I'd love to have a set of those Touring Pipes with the upgrade system (cat box replacement); but then I'd have to find another rear fender to section off and tack onto my current rear skirt. As my dad has often said, "want in one hand and crap in the other..." I have plenty of the former and far too much of the latter.

Last edited:
Couldn't they have come up with another name? Touring.. Tourer.. Shoot, how about Adventurer, they haven't used that in a few years, or just drop Tourer from the Classic model and leave it as Classic... or anything that isn't a variation of the same word on the same model.

I have a standard Rocket and currently run TORs with cat by-pass and love the sound from them. I'm also running a PowerCommander for the fuel map and average about 36 MPG. Stock I was getting closer to 40, but I like the extra kick and sound of the big triple.. :) Other accessories include the Roadster screen (same as Classic Tourer screen), which I only use on occaision, the fly screen which I use 99% of the time, Corbin bags, gel low rider's seat and gel passenger seat, and the short sissy bar/luggage rack combo, and Flipmeister brake line clamps.

The Touring is an '08 model, with hard luggage. The Tourer is an '07 model and is a classic with soft bags and a windshield......

I have a red and cream Classic. All stock with, of course, all the Flipmeister stuff. One has to use what they sell.......I put the seconds on my bike. Every once in a while I goof a part up and I'm too cheap to can it so it winds up on my bike....................:D

One thing I've noticed is that the more you put on in performance items, the less fuel mileage you get. With my bone stock bike and motorboat mufflers, I average just a tad over 40 mpg. With the price of gasoline climbing everyday, I want to get every little bit of MPG.

25 is unacceptable. I'm on a budget, no, I'm cheap. My philosophy is you play with the bike and maybe get 10 or 15 more ponies and your mileage goes in the tank and what do you gain? Maybe a half second quarter mile et? I've found that on the street, light to light, if you can get the holeshot, it's over with in a flash. That 10-15 hp margin is moot.

If I wanted a fast bike, I'd just buy a Busa or an MV. It's a cruiser (R3) not a ****** rocket anyway.

Back