Looking for guidance on correct tune for my R3R (Looks like I have a 2013 R3R bought new in 2018)

Claymore

.040 Over
Ride
2018 Rocket 3 Roadster
I have been looking through available information in the forums and I am struggling with the definition of earlier vs later models of the Rocket 3 Roadster for use with Tune ECU

I bought my Roadster new at the end of 2018 but the VIN ends in 857443 which looks like that means it is an earlier version and I see that the tunes are definitely different

I have fitted TORS, Ramair, and a Dave Platt crossover pipe

Have not started bike since I installed TORS and crossover pipe yesterday since I want to be careful on the tune which I install

I see discussions on 2009 to 2013 models vs later models of Roadster but I am assuming that the only reliable way to check this is via the VIN number
Looks like my bike was gathering dust for quite a few years before it was sold!

Would appreciate guidance on how to approach this please

Many thanks

Look at your VIN sticker on the frame tube. Get the build date. It will be shown as a month/year. Also look at the the engine number engraved on the engine side.

Look at your VIN sticker on the frame tube. Get the build date. It will be shown as a month/year. Also look at the the engine number engraved on the engine side.
Thank you

Bike shows build date of 09/17 so it is 2014+ vintage but the VIN number is the odd part since when I look at TUNE ECU pages it breaks out :
Rocket III Roadster 2300cc / up to VIN # 574812 / Keihin ECU
Rocket III Roadster 2300cc / from VIN # 574813 / Keihin ECU

- So going by VIN Number of 857443 the bike would be "earlier" vintage - hence my confusion

Looks like I should go with later model assumption and use Hans0 tune for 2014+ Roadster, TORS, triple /Ramair filters etc

What is the Engine Number ? Is it something closer to the posted numbers you are looking for ?

My best guess is it is the later model.

What is the Engine Number ? Is it something closer to the posted numbers you are looking for ?

My best guess is it is the later model.

Looks more like later model but I cant correlate engine number to VIN
20200413_192544.jpg

If you wish to PM me your VIN, I shall run it.
Then you will know the manufacture date for sure .

Thank you

Bike shows build date of 09/17 so it is 2014+ vintage but the VIN number is the odd part since when I look at TUNE ECU pages it breaks out :
Rocket III Roadster 2300cc / up to VIN # 574812 / Keihin ECU
Rocket III Roadster 2300cc / from VIN # 574813 / Keihin ECU

- So going by VIN Number of 857443 the bike would be "earlier" vintage - hence my confusion

Looks like I should go with later model assumption and use Hans0 tune for 2014+ Roadster, TORS, triple /Ramair filters etc
857443 is way higher than 574813. It's defiantly a later model 2014+

857443 is way higher than 574813. It's defiantly a later model 2014+
Thanks everyone !

I went with the 2014 and onwards tune (Hans0 tune for 2014+ Roadster, TORS, triple /Ramair filters etc)
Installed the new map, ran 12 minutes then went out for run and it seems to be running really well !
Power delivery seems smoother throughout, goes like a ... well, like a Rocket !
So far no nasty decel popping .

Will report back once I get more miles on it but THANK YOU all for your patience and for the wealth of information on the site

Glad you worked it out but I must say I’m confused about the confusion.
Build date says 09/17 and your VIN is well into the higher range signifying it’s a post ‘14 model.
By the way, generally, anything with a build date after June will be the following year’s model (not always the case, but usually so), which means you have an 18 model.

Back