Looking for feedback on Triumphs Sport Panniers

RhinoOK

Rocket 3R in my garge
Ride
2020 Triumph Rocket 3R
Not crazy about spending $590 on zippered non-waterproof luggage. But I've never been able to see these in person and wondering what people that have them think. Thanks.

I bought the original 20L bags and they were sh!t! I warrantied them through my dealer and they were replaced with the new 25L bags.

Much, much better. The have a waterproof (so the claim goes) bag on the inside with an air vent for letting the air out when closing so it would seem to be sealed. They are larger than the original. They moved the lock to the front and used better zippers. I have had no issues with the 25L panniers. They fit so well on the mounts, come off easy when necessary.

I do long (to me trips) of 6000km - 8000km for a couple/three weeks at a stretch. I am able to fill the panniers with all I need, pull one for the nights stay, and get back on the road with ease. I added the tail bag and mounted it to my luggage rack to hold things like sunglasses, a hat, sunscreen, cleaning cloths. The side bags take time to get in and out of due to the inner bag hence the use of the tail bag.

If you travel more than occasionally, I find these bags a must have. Happy to share more as and when!

I bought the original 20L bags and they were sh!t! I warrantied them through my dealer and they were replaced with the new 25L bags.

Much, much better. The have a waterproof (so the claim goes) bag on the inside with an air vent for letting the air out when closing so it would seem to be sealed. They are larger than the original. They moved the lock to the front and used better zippers. I have had no issues with the 25L panniers. They fit so well on the mounts, come off easy when necessary.

I do long (to me trips) of 6000km - 8000km for a couple/three weeks at a stretch. I am able to fill the panniers with all I need, pull one for the nights stay, and get back on the road with ease. I added the tail bag and mounted it to my luggage rack to hold things like sunglasses, a hat, sunscreen, cleaning cloths. The side bags take time to get in and out of due to the inner bag hence the use of the tail bag.

If you travel more than occasionally, I find these bags a must have. Happy to share more as and when!
I just put the shoulder strap across the back seat for ease of use when I unload one of the bags for a night's stay.

20211019_115228.jpg

Thank you technoguppy! Exactly the kind of feedback I was looking for. Yes every summer I do at least 1 3000 mile ride and absolutely need panniers. Thanks!

Not crazy about spending $590 on zippered non-waterproof luggage. But I've never been able to see these in person and wondering what people that have them think. Thanks.
I think they are horrible. Too small and not even close to waterproof. Triumph supplies you with condoms for the panniers but the condoms take up at least 10% (probably more) of the already limited storage unless they are installed on the panniers. I am stuck with them but do not recommend them.

I think they are horrible. Too small and not even close to waterproof. Triumph supplies you with condoms for the panniers but the condoms take up at least 10% (probably more) of the already limited storage unless they are installed on the panniers. I am stuck with them but do not recommend them.
Are you talking about the original 20L panniers or the new 25L panniers? The old ones comes with the "condom" as you suggest. The new ones don't (at least mine didn't).

If you are still within the two years of warranty, you can get the old ones replaced!!!

I still have the original smaller panniers (20L). No matter what I do to them they won't rip or tear. I'm sure they will wait until the day after my warranty is up and completely collapse. You can't carry too much in them but enough for my 2 to 3 night trips. After that the hotel washing machine comes into play, (front to back to inside out and front to back is not a preferred choice) I really have nothing negative to say at this time but we shall see. Most that have the originals have had problems so I'm sure it will breakdown soon. :mad:

I still have the original smaller panniers (20L). No matter what I do to them they won't rip or tear. I'm sure they will wait until the day after my warranty is up and completely collapse. You can't carry too much in them but enough for my 2 to 3 night trips. After that the hotel washing machine comes into play, (front to back to inside out and front to back is not a preferred choice) I really have nothing negative to say at this time but we shall see. Most that have the originals have had problems so I'm sure it will breakdown soon. :mad:
Just tell your dealer that the zipper sticks. That should be enough to get you a new set on order!!!

Are you talking about the original 20L panniers or the new 25L panniers? The old ones comes with the "condom" as you suggest. The new ones don't (at least mine didn't).

If you are still within the two years of warranty, you can get the old ones replaced!!!
I have the old smaller ones. What do they replace them with? The 25L ones? Update: I just talked to my dealer and he said the accessories only have a one year warranty.

Last edited:
I have the old smaller ones. What do they replace them with? The 25L ones? Update: I just talked to my dealer and he said the accessories only have a one year warranty.
I'd call Triumph America directly, You might get a better answer. I don't believe the one year warranty story either, standard Triumph parts yes, R3 parts & accessories seemingly come with 2 year warranty. Mine were replaced this summer 18 months after I received the original ones. They may be trying to steer you (albeit wrongly). Good luck.

1637350902528.png

Back