Looking for feedback on potential purchase

Blair

Standard Bore
Ride
2015 Harley Forty Eight, 2011 Triumph Roadster
Hey everyone,

I've been searching for the right used Rocket to get as a second bike. I found a 2007 with 18,000 miles on it, but it is over 9 hours away. Since I really don't want to do an 18 hour round trip, I was looking for advice on whether or not it is worth considering without an opportunity to test ride it myself. From what I've been told, it has had one previous owner and all recommended services. I've attached a video of it running and was wondering how it sounded to people with more experience. It sounds different from a 2013 I've checked out in person, but I'm not sure how much of that is the exhaust or the phone's microphone. There also seems to be a higher pitch sound I'm not sure is a good sign. I'd appreciate any wisdom people may be willing to impart. Thanks

http://s3.amazonaws.com/sockettalk-...wWimsgbEy7wdzb8slQeiNAzCOdxmM2Tgou84zdKPSmkqM

Hey everyone,

I've been searching for the right used Rocket to get as a second bike. I found a 2007 with 18,000 miles on it, but it is over 9 hours away. Since I really don't want to do an 18 hour round trip, I was looking for advice on whether or not it is worth considering without an opportunity to test ride it myself. From what I've been told, it has had one previous owner and all recommended services. I've attached a video of it running and was wondering how it sounded to people with more experience. It sounds different from a 2013 I've checked out in person, but I'm not sure how much of that is the exhaust or the phone's microphone. There also seems to be a higher pitch sound I'm not sure is a good sign. I'd appreciate any wisdom people may be willing to impart. Thanks

http://s3.amazonaws.com/sockettalk-...wWimsgbEy7wdzb8slQeiNAzCOdxmM2Tgou84zdKPSmkqM

Sounds and idles perfect. Go try it and make sure it is shifting properly. They have a history of a failing detent spring. Get the vin# and send it to warp99. He can check if it has had the factory upgrade kit installed. BTW those are TOR pipes and the bike is a Classic. I have a copy and it is nice.

Hello Blair and welcome from Virginia. The bike sounds and looks pretty good. (I'm not sure how he got it to stay on the ceiling though).

I am sure any member here would help you by checking it out in person. Many have in the past. Good luck!

Thanks for all the feedback so far. I'm in Greenville, TX and the bike is at Freedom Powersports in Huntsville, AL. That would be incredible if someone in the area would be willing to go take a closer look.

Back