Looking for data, need help

Paul Hyland

Turbocharged
I need help from everyone who had tranny work done in which Triumph took care of it.

I am trying to get enough data together to try and persuade Triumph to take care of my bike like they did for a few others.

I need a few things

1) Year of your bike
2) how many miles at time of problem
3) what were the issues you were having. (grinding, jumping out of grear)
4) most important, what did Triumph take care of
5) parts that went bad if you know.

My bike is being tore down now and I want to get this information so I can present it when I call Triumph to make my case.

Thanks in advance for any help.:D

1) 2006

2) 11,000

3) Jumping in and out of gear

4) Installed upgrade kit, new head gasket and new tortional dampner.

5) Tortional dampner and head gasket

This was done in 2009, over a year after my warranty expired, and all paid for by Triumph.

Thanks Pig9r, I think you are right I shouldn’t limit it to tranny issues. If Triumph is doing good will warranties on other things then I should present that as well. .

I have own my bike for three years now, 2005 and have had it at two dealers asking the same opinion about different noises and the way the bike is. Was blown off has that's the way it is. I have had a problem with idle from day one of buying the bike. The one dealer did the update for it and it lasted half way home and was back to the 2,000 rpm idle and stalling. I have adjusted the stepping motor back down ans adjusted the TPS alittle and that help for about a year. Then it got so bad I had to swap the two TPS sensors to get it home from Austin. One dealer had the bike for over three weeks for the TPS sensor. Triumph covered the part but I had to pay the $125.00 labor. The transmission still making noise with the clutch released. This is louder then other rockets that I know of. The one dealer put on my repair order when the TPS was done that it is a bad input bearing. Isn't that part of the transmission??? It is also leaking rear differential fluid. I have to add some every three or four weeks and it makes a mess on the rear wheel. I'm still waiting on Triumph to return the six phone calls I left last year with them. I love the bike but the service is ****ed all the way around.

Last year I spoke to the last customer service rep. for 30 mins. before he told me he no longer worked for Triumph. I think his name was Peter, very nice and very helpful. Even after I found out that he no longer worked for them he was still trying to help me. So much for good service. Good luck with the problems and let me know how it turns out I may be in your shoes soon.

Back