looking for carpenter race capt'ns

garygene351

.020 Over
Hey All,

It's been awhile, hope all is well. Looking to find someone I met at Carpenter Racing on April 14th (Saturday). I was dropping off my bike and you were picking yours up. Sorry I forgot your name. I was wondering how you made out. Would also love to hear from other Carpenter Racing captains.

Gary,

That would be be. My bike with the Carpenter 240pak is just absolutely FANTASTIC. Save the extra typing here; I'll post what I first experienced with it (copied from another post on the .com forum):

Well gentleman... I shall say....

I truly had a most EXHILARATING ride into work today; 50 miles of highway; many segments of it relatively free of traffic.

From a nominal highway speed, rolling that throttle open in 5th gear JUST MOVES my Rocket forward in acceleration; and it justs WANTS to continue to accelerate; the fater I go. It is unreal. It is not of this earth

Moving at speed from lane to lane, around traffic is simply a joy; with all of this power. It is effortless.

I blasted down a couple of straightaways and up to (I think 110mph- to busy trying to hold on) and I need to figure out a way to keep my feet on the floorboards; because of the acceleration that's still spiraling upwards.

Moving through the gears at slower speeds, the response is smooth and powerful; a much greater change in performance than what I used to remember; while astride her.

I can't wait to go home on it.
It is going to be very hard from here on forth, trying to determine which bike I'm going to take to work. The Vision may start realizing a slower accumulation of mileage.

Anyone "sitting on the fence" regarding the Carpenter packages for the Rockets; I highly recommend that you get it done. It is truly a life changing event; for the Rocket and my prior experiences with it. It is smooth; it's sound is absolutely head turning... truly a beast of unparralled power; and the gross available acceleration is just fantastic.

And a later post:

I do not have a dyno sheet (from Bob Carpenter) showing figured below 3K. Let me tell you though; it is a changed bike after I got it back from his shop; once the 240pak was completed.

It has immensely more power and pull; that really starts kicking in at 1200-1500rpm and goes upwards; I typically change gears at 5000-6000rpm when running (in my mind) hard and it gets to 5K
in no time flat. You don't have to run the bike up to 7-9k to feel the enhanced power and torque. I still haven't gone that high (7-9K) yet because basically I am a little apprehensive on how the power and pull of this beast exponentially increases, as I'm seeing the tach sweep past 5K. It's a demon. It's absolutely critical that you respect what they do to it (Bob and Eddie).

As far as just upgrading pistons and leaving the head/cams intact; I haven't heard of anyone doing that. Though I understand your theory regarding the enhanced performance of a piston only upgrade; if your going to pop off the head and the cams... you may as well just have those re-worked as well.

Many people on the board have remarked (myself included; in the past) on how we wouldn't use the additional enhanced power in the upper rpm ranges of the 240pak. I have since realized that I was wrong; I will get there soon to taste it; but need to tame and conquer the already insane power that she's delivering; when I'm beginning to go hard on the throttle and she quickly uncorks; as she's racing up to 5K.... 6K is where I start to get nervous a little, while holding on fer dear life.

I have hit the 9k rev limit a few times now its just brutsal power all the way up. kind of scary when you shift her into 4th gear at 140mph seems to want to lift the front end up. 169 in fourth gear is just a wee bit over 7000 rpms. Hold on as the blower is whistling give me the air !!!

I have not seen where the top is in fifth yet just working my way up there looking for them pristene days where the wind is low. 15 mph winds suck above 160 mph

Pictures of the Millennium Falcon are on your other post Gary.

Carprender race Captn.s

Willtill; Love your bars. can you tell me where you got them, can you use stock cables,how much did they cost? If it wasn't, for bad luck...... I am Green with envy!will get this dam thing sorted someday, and would love to also to maybe go for ride. Best of luck with yours,till then i will just dream of riding my bike with your motor:)
Gary

Back