Want to Buy Looking for an old rear 240/50-16

RDKLL

Standard Bore
Ride
2017 KTM Super Duke GT & Valkyrie bobber
Just posted this in the welcome thread and wanted to post it here as well...thank you in advance
Team,
Way back when I totaled a Valkyrie on the Blue Ridge Parkway and I wanted a new Rocket...so bad that I printed an 8x8 (8x11 sheets) wall poster of a Rocket 3...but unfortunately, the insurance check was only big enough to get another used Valkyrie. Which actually brings me to why I joined your great group. I am going to try and fit a 240/50-16 tire to the back of the Valk...I know there is a pretty high chance that I will not be able to succeed without a lot of money. So I am hoping to find someone with an old or worn out rear tire that I can get for hopefully not much more than shipping cost for fitting. Condition is irrelevant...but if it holds air that would be a big plus...I am in Mesa AZ. Thank you for your time and hope I can get a cheap tire for mock-up purposes.

Just posted this in the welcome thread and wanted to post it here as well...thank you in advance
Team,
Way back when I totaled a Valkyrie on the Blue Ridge Parkway and I wanted a new Rocket...so bad that I printed an 8x8 (8x11 sheets) wall poster of a Rocket 3...but unfortunately, the insurance check was only big enough to get another used Valkyrie. Which actually brings me to why I joined your great group. I am going to try and fit a 240/50-16 tire to the back of the Valk...I know there is a pretty high chance that I will not be able to succeed without a lot of money. So I am hoping to find someone with an old or worn out rear tire that I can get for hopefully not much more than shipping cost for fitting. Condition is irrelevant...but if it holds air that would be a big plus...I am in Mesa AZ. Thank you for your time and hope I can get a cheap tire for mock-up purposes.

Go to a Harley shop they may pay you to take a used one away. ;):D

What is your Valk's rim width? If too narrow, the tire will not seat properly and if it takes air may suddenly loose it all if the bead seal is broken. Save your pennies and buy a used R3 instead.

IMG_0033.JPG

Team,
Can I ask the aim?.

If it's just looks then I understand.

But a 240/50 is not going to fit on the rim for a 180/60 at all well.

Even if it stays on the rim safely - which I honestly doubt - it will be such a pinch fit that the handling will be atrocious.

You should consider you will need a new rim or have to have the existing rim altered. There are R3 owners who have done such mods to run 17 and 18 inch rims.

In Europe I would go here Katalog - DEGET RACING Motorradtechnik GmbH or maybe even talk to Steve Taylor and have a complete wheel made from scratch.

I have several i live in Tucson.
there r several rocket owners in mesa/phoenix that u might get one from them i have a list of names that u might use to find one if they do not respond.

Back