Looking for advice

sixpack

Supercharged
I just finished installing triple filters & jardines, I removed the O2 sensor and used a bung replacement, I downloaded a tune I got from Hanso using tuneboy, I unticked the O2 sensor. the bike runs good except for a" stumbling" in the idle. I reset the ISVC & Adaptions and even tried the 12 min. tune. results are the same , the throttle body balance is ok ( I think), # 2 moves a little depending on the idle speed but #'s 1 & 3 follow almost instantly . My question is.... should I reinstall the O2 sensor ? hoping that it might cure the" stumble" in the idle any help is appreciated

tunes

It is possible that the tune was originally made and dyno'd with the O2 sensor attached?
You might need to try a different tune see if the idle stumble goes way?

I just finished installing triple filters & jardines, I removed the O2 sensor and used a bung replacement, I downloaded a tune I got from Hanso using tuneboy, I unticked the O2 sensor. the bike runs good except for a" stumbling" in the idle. I reset the ISVC & Adaptions and even tried the 12 min. tune. results are the same , the throttle body balance is ok ( I think), # 2 moves a little depending on the idle speed but #'s 1 & 3 follow almost instantly . My question is.... should I reinstall the O2 sensor ? hoping that it might cure the" stumble" in the idle any help is appreciated

As I understand it the OEM O2 sensor does control the smooth Idle AFR and if you disconnect it from the harness the ECU will go to error as in O2 sensor malfunction..

I think you would need a O2 sensor Dongle connected to fool the ECU into believing it is still connected.. maybe you could refit it and clear any ECU error as a test.

If I am incorrect someone will advise..
JM2CW

well, I reinstalled the O2 sensor, reinstalled the tune, did the 12 min tune & no change. it almost sounds like a "knock" when the idle stumbles, My next move is to check vacuum lines ( if I can find them) & check the leads to spark plugs?? ( yes, no ?? ) any other ideas??

I went under the tank, did what I could ( not much knowledge doing this ), but vacuum lines ok as far as I can tell... my next area is to pull the plugs and replace if neccesary.... friggin' bike may never go again

There's also a Tuneboy tune for Jardines and triple filters done by Wayne MacDonald (attached). If you disconnect the O2 sensor, you must uncheck the O2 box. I believe this tune has the O2 sensor checked but you can uncheck it and disconnect the sensor under the side panel. In my experience, the O2 sensor leans it out and you get more backfiring.

What's the idle set to in your current tune? At some point, they moved it up to 850. As I recall from the distant past, the idle stepper motor can be a big PITA.

Attachments

• 20145TuneJardines.dat
    219 KB · Views: 70
Back