Want to Buy Looking at a 2014 Rocket

tnrocketman

Standard Bore
Looking into a 2014 Rocket with 4,400 miles on it. Have not seen it yet, but owner says its in very good condition, no accidents, drops, etc. He did say that tires are good, but rear brake pads will need to be replaced pretty soon. Clean title, and does have a triumph touring windshield for it.

Going to get more pics tomorrow - this will be my first Rocket, any specific questions I should be asking?

Asking $7,450 - assuming that everything checks out does it seem like reasonable price?

1601349619881.png
1601349634357.png

Its a beast, our Nashville area rocketeers is growing. im over by the airport and if i can help you in any way let me know. Probaly a great bike,is he a forum member? Tires may look good at 4400 miles but getting long in the tooth for age (7 years for a motorcycle tire)but no big deal trash them metzlers anyway. Is he gonna give you them bags with bike?

Last edited:
Looks good. Needs to be ridden more. Price and value are in the eye of the beholder. Kbb might say that is a little high or right on par. Looks like there are bags and other accessories included, saving you the time and headache of locating them. Triumph accessories can be hard to find after the production has ended. Anyway, if you will have a smile while riding down the road and not worrying what you paid for it, then that is a great price. If the price is going to leaving you feeling like you were taken for a ride, then reconsider. Either way, bike looks great.

By the way, new OEM rear pads are less than $40 if you don’t mind doing the work. I had to replace my pads at 11k, which I thought was early. The process for the new pads was super simple though.

Its a beast, our Nashville area rocketeers is growing. im over by the airport and if i can help you in any way let me know. Probaly a great bike,is he a forum member? Tires may look good at 4400 miles but getting long in the tooth for age (7 years for a motorcycle tire)but no big deal trash them metzlers anyway. Is he gonna give you them bags with bike?

Not sure if he is forum member, he is up in Lewisville IN. I forgot to ask about the bags, will check on that once I get more pics.

Looks good. Needs to be ridden more. Price and value are in the eye of the beholder. Kbb might say that is a little high or right on par. Looks like there are bags and other accessories included, saving you the time and headache of locating them. Triumph accessories can be hard to find after the production has ended. Anyway, if you will have a smile while riding down the road and not worrying what you paid for it, then that is a great price. If the price is going to leaving you feeling like you were taken for a ride, then reconsider. Either way, bike looks great.

By the way, new OEM rear pads are less than $40 if you don’t mind doing the work. I had to replace my pads at 11k, which I thought was early. The process for the new pads was super simple though.

Thanks for the input. I agree with you when really I don't want to worry about the price, but since I really don't have experience with these just doubling checking with those that know more to make sure I am not doing something to off the wall :)

I have done pads on many different cars, so was hoping it would not be that more difficult on the Rocket!

I would venture to say yes, that is a decent deal although at $7,450 that means he expects you to ask $7,000. If the Rocket is in that good of shape I would be in.:thumbsup:
One more thing. At 4,400 miles needing rear brake pads is ridiculous. At that mileage they should be like new. I bet the front pads are perfect.:laugh:

Bring him $6500 in 20 dollar bills, he should take it. Money talks!

In all seriousness, It looks clean and once you take it for a test ride and it feels good to you, I would buy it. I agree with Jay and Mighty Mouse. You'll know the feeling we're talking about when you goose the throttle for a minute.

I was clarifying the brakes with the seller and he said the "the rear brakes work, but just not great" - so he really does not know if it the pads of something else. Could need a simple bleeding or some larger issue - I do not know anything about the Rocket brake systems, but could be something with cylinders, etc.?? I live about 4.5 hours away so cannot just go take a quick look.

Anyone know if the brake system on these typically an high expense system?

Good news is that he did say any bags and accessories would be included.

I'm a Touring guy, but you should have a straight shot looking at the pads from behind. A flashlight might help. If the pads look good, then may be something else. I believe the 2014's and later have the ABS brake system.
Replacing the pads is not much more that a 10-15 minute job. Easy Peasy.

Back