Looking at 08 Tourer on Ebay

1BigDog

Gone to the Dogs!
Ride
Size 12 Bates, extra wide
In no way am I slamming this Ebay ad or the seller, just putting out my experience the past 2 days with him. When this Ebay posting for the 2008 black tourer came up I contacted the seller through Ebay and left my phone number. He contacted me and I explained my situation, being out of state and all. I explained that being unable to see the bike would it be ok if a friend from near his area, Bloomington Ill, can stop by and look the bike over. Sure, no problem, just have him call me, which he did. The guy gave him another number to call this AM to set a time to view the bike. My friend called and left several voice mails but no response all day. My intention was to bid on this bike if it looked and sounded good to my friend, who has ridden touring bikes most of his life and I explained this to the seller. So, I dont know what the issue may have been. Hopefully nothing has happened to him. I tend to do my due diligence when spending money first so I just thought I would toss this out in case someone from the forum is looking at this bike. I asked him if he was a member here and he said that he wasnt. Like I said, not a slam, just be cautious.

http://www.r3owners.net/threads/triumph-rocket-iii-2008-triumph-rocket-iii-touring.18047/

Its a nice looking bike according to the pictures, maybe the seller is at work and can't use his phone.
Keep trying, good luck.

Lot of fraud on ebay and cycle trader. I've had my experiences. Just can't be careful enough. The seller should understand your cautious approach. The seller has ok feedback, but it's over a year old. Also it looks like the ebay seller may not be the owner and definitely doesn't seem to know much about the standard features on a R3 Touring... e.g. "front forks are inverted".

Good for you for being cautious. There have been several other R3Ts listed recently that looked just as nice. Patience and good luck.

Gary

Last edited:
Hmm curious as its about 55 miles from my home and 35 miles from where I work. Last week would have been a decent week to test drive it a little as the pavement was clean. Now there is mor eof that white stuff on the ground:(

Man, it's March, enough already, it's not even going to rise out of the single digits today, only the 5th time ever in Buffalo, for any day in March, that the day's high was below 10 degrees.

Tripps, it,s that Arctic Vortex,It won,t go away, or we are in for a new ice age.
I wonder what kind of summer we get?

Got an email back from the seller. He claimed that he got called into work but he did get the numerous voice mails. Told him that my friend sat around for hours waiting for his return call that never came. I told him that while I myself have been called into work short notice I can understand but on the way to work would it have been so hard to make a call with a heads up? My personal feelings are that he just did not want to show the bike.

So, that being said, it may not be a scam, but I am always cautious when dealing with unknowns.
I know what I want and ill be patient until the right one comes along.

I wont say anything but yesterday it was 80 out. :whitstling:

Back