look no hands. but not for long??

pluto

Standard Bore
not that I do, but why when you let go of the bars with both hands the rocket will not go in a straight line. but on any other bike no problem???? any thoughts.

not that I do, but why when you let go of the bars with both hands the rocket will not go in a straight line. but on any other bike no problem???? any thoughts.

hi
i thought that is was because my dock hangs over to the left.:D but i wasn't even close. then i thought it might be because of the brake cyl. on the right bar catching wind. but now i think that it has something to do with the way the engine torques when you let off the throttle it has to to turn the eng. so that makes the bike go to the left. i wonder if someone has an elect cruise if it increases speed that the bike would then steer to the right?
herman

wobble

I seem to get a wobble more than angling off to the side... not a big wobble, but enough to not do it anymore...

IMO, its because the oil tank, driveshaft, bevel box, throttle bodies, and a pipe are on the left which collectively weigh more than the headers and two pipes on the right.

I have steered this bike with no hands on straight and gentle curves and never felt a side pull or any other idiosyncrasies must be because it is an 06 with well balanced engine. etc etc ..

I have steered this bike with no hands on straight and gentle curves and never felt a side pull or any other idiosyncrasies must be because it is an 06 with well balanced engine. etc etc ..

Same here. If i'm rolling down a hill and take my hands off the bars my bike tracks straight. Obviously road condition can cause it to follow ruts etc but on a smooth bit of bitumen no problems.

Mine used to pull sharply to the left and get a wobble. Tightened the head stock and virtually no pull and no wobble at all. I think Turbo must be on the money re the engine torquing as if there's any pull it seems to be to the left regardless of where you live ie has nothing to do with road camber. Maybe find a hill and see what happens in neutral without the engine running.

Always had the no hands wobble, since new, through many different tires. Drifted right for the first 20,000 miles, put Progressive fork springs in the front end, now it drifts left, more than it originally did right. :confused: So I quit worrying about it, and just ride.

Back