Longer Front Brake Line for 2016 R3T

rcket3

.020 Over
Ride
2016 Triumph Rocket 3 touring.
Hi all I posted on the end of the last Rivco Riser thread but haven't got any response so will try here.

I have just fitted the rivco risers to my 2016 R3T
Re routed the clutch cable for now but have a longer one coming.
Seems like I am the odd man out but I have found that my front brake line is now too short and on full left lock is stretched very tight with no slack at all and is forcing the frame cover away from the frame.
I am scared that it is that it is under so much strain that it will either break or pull one of the end fittings off.
Can anyone recommend a way round the problem, would be easy it it weren't ABS but the line goes from the Master Cylinder to the ABS block which looks as if it is exclusively a Triumph item with the line swaged into it, which I assume means you cant just go and get one made up.
I'm wondering if there is some sort of solid extension I could use from the master cylinder to the banjo on the standard line? I only need to extend the line by 1 1/2 to 2 inches.
Am I also right in thinking that if I remove the line from the master cylinder I will have to bleed the ABS system not just the brakes.
Why can't anything be easy ? :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::(:(

I'm glad you did report, as I have the 14 T and am following in your footsteps -- having installed the longer clutch cable first, and wondered about the brake lines.

I already have different brake lines thanks to the installation of PreTech calipers not long after I got the bike.

So we shall see.

My brake lines came from HEL, and that could be another source for you -- they know the Rockets, and in my case, I was able to choose the sheath color -- red in my case -- to match the bike. As an aside, I did the same thing with the Hepco water hoses.

Please keep us posted.

I'm glad you did report, as I have the 14 T and am following in your footsteps -- having installed the longer clutch cable first, and wondered about the brake lines.

I already have different brake lines thanks to the installation of PreTech calipers not long after I got the bike.

So we shall see.

My brake lines came from HEL, and that could be another source for you -- they know the Rockets, and in my case, I was able to choose the sheath color -- red in my case -- to match the bike. As an aside, I did the same thing with the Hepco water hoses.

Please keep us posted.
Thanks Guys
Checking other posts Barnett and Spiegler are unable to help as they dont carry the ABS block. Will let you know if HEL can help.

Thanks Guys
Checking other posts Barnett and Spiegler are unable to help as they dont carry the ABS block. Will let you know if HEL can help.
I replaced the lower lines from the ABS union on my R3R and had to get union from Enzed (hydraulic line people) it is a female to female union one end is 10mm not sure of the pitch but it needs to match the new brake line and the ABS end I believe the other end is 3/8 NPT.
IMG_20180609_090419.jpg
IMG_20180609_090721.jpg

I got HEL ABS braided lines for my Roadster. HEL is Aussie in Qld and make lines for early non ABS and later ABS R3.

The ABS sets are much dearer as there are 6 lines I think.
Price: AU $430.76
AU $15.00 Standard Postage
HEL BRAKE LINE KIT FOR TRIUMPH ROCKET III ROADSTER ABS (2011-2013) 6 HOSES

HEL BRAKE LINE KIT FOR TRIUMPH ROCKET III ROADSTER ABS (2011-2013) 6 HOSES | eBay
I have sent HEL a message to see if they can do a custom single line.Most expensive risers ever if I have to replace all the lines. I'm starting to wonder if I can find a local brake line firm who could cut my original just after the ABS block put male fittings on each cut end and then I can add a short extension fitting with two female ends which would be hidden by the frame cover.

I just received my Rivco risers and was going to install them tomorrow on my 14 Touring with ABS. Am I likely going to have a similar problem with the brake lines, or is this an isolated case? I don't want to go through the work to find this out.

We wish you would go to the work to make it work, and let us know.

In my case, my expectation is that the risers will make the bike incrementally more comfortable, and if that's the case, I'll spend more time on it, and more time on it with my lovely pillion: priceless.

And like many here, I could not leave well enough alone, and I have added a tachometer (three wires), heated grips (three wires - one for each hand plus the controller), cruise control (several wires).

I plan to go somewhere with others around, and will attempt to move the bars with me on it to set the position, and if something doesn't allow it to be left there, mark the bar, so I can return home, and at my leisure work on what needs to be lengthened in order to make the risers work.

Back