Longer cables and wiring for t -bars on Roadster

Simonb

.020 Over
Ride
Rocket 3 roadster 2014
ill be sticking some t bars on my 2014 roadster soon and don’t fancy having my stock cables stretched or sat behind the bars looking like an afterthought.
Am I right in thinking the brake line, throttle and clutch cables and switch looms from the touring model are longer and will be a straight swap.
Anyone done this??

ill be sticking some t bars on my 2014 roadster soon and don’t fancy having my stock cables stretched or sat behind the bars looking like an afterthought.
Am I right in thinking the brake line, throttle and clutch cables and switch looms from the touring model are longer and will be a straight swap.
Anyone done this??

I’ve never had a problem with the stock cables ....I had these made to utilise the stock cables...the only thing you might benefit from is moving the front hose from behind the yoke to in front of it and undo the banjo bolt and twist it down slightly ......

Depends and the Tbars really, I have Burleigh Bars and they accommodate the wires threaded through the bars

Last edited:
Maybe should have kept my Burleigh 2" INCH BARS if I HAD KNOWN THAT- OK Fuc8in caps key and me are not in agreement on this.

Search "Rivco risers on my teebars" in the media posts under images...you will see photos there...if not search under Tal...media images.

Anyone done this??
My bars are higher still than the Tbars. And wider. I had home made Z bars on before and could use the standard stuff with no issues.

Touring THROTTLE cables are longer and can be obtained best from any Mike Larsson dealer a a GOOD price
The Clutch cable is not much longer - I had some longer ones made by VenHill.
I made a couple of switch cable wiring extenders Male-Female - Only needed one eventually.
But if you need that much cable the connectors will be visible unless you take a LOT of time re-routing all wires and cables.
Brake Lines - I used Goodridge Build-a-line and run one hose direct from the M/C to each calliper. But I would have done this anyway.

Anyone done this??

Back