Long time Valkyrie enthusiast may switch to R3

golfun99

Standard Bore
Ride
'99 Valkyrie Interstate
Hello all,
I have been a long time Valkyrie owner, and am looking at getting an R3. My experience is about 25k miles on a CBR and about 80k miles on the Valkyrie. I love the looks of the R3, and I hope to meet people and learn more before I buy.

Well a hardy welcome to you Golf. from Montreal. For sure you will not regret a beautiful R3. This is my 3rd season and I really don't regret having picked this bike up. Have fun if you do get it.

Thank you Bernard! I'm Derrick. Did you buy your R3 new?
No I bought it used. Had only 5000Km. The guy had not even had the first inspection done on it. picked it up for half the market price. been having all kinds of fun since. Winter just passed I installed TORS pipes, K&N under the seat air filter and redid the map with tune-ecu. Its great. If you can take one for a test ride I'm sure by the time you get off you will have made your decision Pro and **** right Pro. Take care.

Welcome from Florida
No I bought it used. Had only 5000Km. The guy had not even had the first inspection done on it. picked it up for half the market price. been having all kinds of fun since. Winter just passed I installed TORS pipes, K&N under the seat air filter and redid the map with tune-ecu. Its great. If you can take one for a test ride I'm sure by the time you get off you will have made your decision Pro and **** right Pro. Take care.
Very nice. Yes, test drive will be my next step for sure!

Welcome from western Washington. I've had Harleys, a Goldwing along with a host of other bikes and the Rocket is truly unique.

Let's us know how your search progresses.

Derrick,

Welcome from NW Oregon. Former GW rider here, that wanted unrestricted legroom.

I went about 500 feet on the Rocket test drive. I knew I would try to make a deal that night.

The Valkyrie and GW share a great engine. Gears do not matter much on either.

The Rocket has some vibes through the bars,?unlike the Honda. Just enough to let you know it is not quite tamed.

Make no mistake. Sitting on the Rocket, not like a Honda Civic. Light throttle application the Rocket is like slightly grumbly GW.

Hard throttle? Roadster all right, with an attitude.

You will find true motorcycle fans here. And frankly, some vast technical knowledge. Some learned the hard way, by experience.

There are faster, better handling and flashy bikes than the Rocket. Few have the bike’s presence.

Enjoy!

Hello Derrick and welcome from Virginia. You'll love the R3 for sure, but hang on to the Valk, they are getting rarer each day...

Back