London Motorcycle Museum

ksquared

"O Captain, My Captain"
Ride
2008 Red/Black R3T
Gents:

I'm going to be traveling through Europe for three weeks this summer and will be ending my trip with 2 days in London. I've been there before and I'm looking forward to going back, even for this short time.

My question is: I've just come upon the web site for the London Motorcycle museum. It looks to be about 20km outside the downtown part of the City and I wondered if it offered enough to see to warrant a few hour side trip to go and see it.

What can our Brit members tell me about it?

Thanks for any insights.

i live 250mls from london so can't comment on the museum. london is another story though. i've done alot of work there in the past, when looking for a builders merchant i had to ask 7 people before i got one that spoke english ! finally found an indian shop keeper that understood me and she was no help at all. carried on a few hundred yards down the road and there it was. i felt like a foriegner in my own country! it makes me wonder what tourists must think of england when the only place they might visit is london. you will have gathered by now i'am not a fan of the capitol ;). i know its not on your agenda but the national motorcycle museum at birmingham is amazing.:cool:

i live 250mls from london so can't comment on the museum. london is another story though. i've done alot of work there in the past, when looking for a builders merchant i had to ask 7 people before i got one that spoke english ! finally found an indian shop keeper that understood me and she was no help at all. carried on a few hundred yards down the road and there it was. i felt like a foriegner in my own country! it makes me wonder what tourists must think of england when the only place they might visit is london. you will have gathered by now i'am not a fan of the capitol ;). i know its not on your agenda but the national motorcycle museum at birmingham is amazing.:cool:

Likely because 100 motorcycle manufacters were at one time or other in Birmingham.:eek:

Back