R3T-Too

Supercharged
Ride
2011 Rocket III Touring
Anyone know where to get a linkage boot like the missing one below?
Looks like a felt washer; I'm sure I can find one that works but would rather have one that's made for it.

Thanks,
Scott

Attachments

• KIMG0436.jpg
    KIMG0436.jpg
    299.1 KB · Views: 2
Anyone know where to get a linkage boot like the missing one below?
Looks like a felt washer; I'm sure I can find one that works but would rather have one that's made for it.

Thanks,
Scott

Buy the ball Assembly from triumph not that expensive.

Buy the ball Assembly from triumph not that expensive.

Yeah, $18 plus shipping isn't going to break the bank.
But the boot itself probably costs $0.50 and I get tired of waiting for parts to come in from the UK.

Thanks, I'll probably measure it and find something local.

Scott

Yeah, $18 plus shipping isn't going to break the bank.
But the boot itself probably costs $0.50 and I get tired of waiting for parts to come in from the UK.

Thanks, I'll probably measure it and find something local.

Scott

If you come up with something, let us know what you found please :)

Personally - I'd go to a good hardware store and get a couple of high grade rose (heim) joints and ditch the ball head things.

Personally - I'd go to a good hardware store and get a couple of high grade rose (heim) joints and ditch the ball head things.

Heim joints would do a great job.
I'm just not sure how to hook em to the shifter & arm without it looking like a frankenstien cluster Fk.:D

If you can wait a week I can post photos of mine. But a couple of nice dome head Allen M6 stainless bolts and nyloc nuts. Mine iirc has cap head bolts - but domed will polish up to mirror finish with little effort.

Thanks Barbagris, I would like to see it.

Looking at the diagrams from the 09 standard against the R3T; I think yours is better set up for replacing the linkage/joints.

If you look at my pic. The shifter arm has a big knob that sticks outward; I'm thinking any kind of head is going to look obtrusive.
If I was really wanting to mod it; it might work to turn it around or grind off the knob. But, I'm just looking for a way to keep grease in and grit out.

Scott

Thanks Barbagris, I would like to see it.

Looking at the diagrams from the 09 standard against the R3T; I think yours is better set up for replacing the linkage/joints.

If you look at my pic. The shifter arm has a big knob that sticks outward; I'm thinking any kind of head is going to look obtrusive.
If I was really wanting to mod it; it might work to turn it around or grind off the knob. But, I'm just looking for a way to keep grease in and grit out.

Scott
Will do - I should be back home Tuesday. Unless Mr and Mrs Nat kidnap us and sell us into slavery.

Back