Light front end

mrmcgoo

Standard Bore
When exceeding 220 kpr the front end of the bike feels light. Thats about 135mph. I looked to see if there was a way to lower front end by sliding the forks up. A bike this heavy should be more stable at these speeds. If anyone else has had this issue and solved it I am curious to hear the solution they came up with. need to have this solved before it goes in for performance upgrades.

Reckon he's from somewhere that doesn't have too many traffic cops or highway patrol cars :cool: lucky bugger ... Welcome from Brizvegas .

Alberta Canada I now see. If he's doing that sort of speed there he must be lucky. ;)

Hey McGoo, there's quite a few of your compatriots on here and at least two from Alberta that I can recall.

When exceeding 220 kpr the front end of the bike feels light. Thats about 135mph. I looked to see if there was a way to lower front end by sliding the forks up. A bike this heavy should be more stable at these speeds. If anyone else has had this issue and solved it I am curious to hear the solution they came up with. need to have this solved before it goes in for performance upgrades.

Yes smaller front and larger profile rear. In fact adding the exedra max will most likely take care of it. Be carefull when she gets light the death wobble is not far off.

there seems to be another area prone to this but you will need to bump her up another 40 to 45 mph. I hate when this happens as I have not got her into fifth gear yet. I think some of the problem comes from lift under the pilot especially under your chest. Which also makes for a good parachute when coming out of warp drive:D

135MPH on a Rocket has to be exhilarating to say the least! Not sure the bike was designed to go that fast? :eek: I've had mine to around 120MPH. The bike was more stable at that speed than my Harley Street Glide was. (My SG would barley get to 115MPH) But at those speeds I'll take my old ST1300 or my ZX12R thank you!

135MPH on a Rocket has to be exhilarating to say the least! Not sure the bike was designed to go that fast? :eek: I've had mine to around 120MPH. The bike was more stable at that speed than my Harley Street Glide was. (My SG would barley get to 115MPH) But at those speeds I'll take my old ST1300 or my ZX12R thank you!

anything over 95 on my st 1300 and the death wobble was alive and well.these things have killed people,including police riders.uk police forces scrapped them all.

I think as a matter of Urgency you shoud get your Head Stock Bearing retightened pronto mate...under the top fork yoke are 2 large nuts 1 is a lock nut..

Tank Slapper is no fun at all on any bike.. more so on the Beast with no mercy.

Please consider because at that sort of speed your done and dusted along with anyone close by Sir..
Ride Safe :)

anything over 95 on my st 1300 and the death wobble was alive and well.these things have killed people,including police riders.uk police forces scrapped them all.

After much research, the problem was found to be the weight and distribution of the added police equipment on the rear of the bike. That was the cause of the death wobble.

I've had mine topped out at 142MPH many, many times and never experienced the death wobble. Go to any of the ST1300 forums and you will find the same thing. The death wobble was curred and was only found on incorrectly loaded police use ST's.

Thanks for the replies.I have replaced the tires with Metzler tires. It does this with me in a tuck as well. I will check the steering head. I live out here in the prairies and pick the the places I go fast. Its happy speed is 140 kph and that's about 90 mph. But it seems a shame that this much potential cannot be used. My last bike was a Valyrie and it was stable at the same speed. Exhilarating yes! We live in the last free Province in Canada but I can feel the restrictions coming. We have the RCMP which are usually tempered with a sense of justice but just introduced a few years ago are the Sheriffs that are goose stepping all over Hwy traffic infractions. Thanks again for the welcomes and the feedback.Its kinda cool having a group that understands the experience of riding one of the coolest bikes ever made.

Back