I run TrippLite LED lights in all of my shell...headlight and auxiliary lights. Very nice stylish and effective lights for the money. On the R3T the lightbar is standard. Any light you put out in front helps but the auxiliary lights really do their best illuminating the perrifery of the road. Definitely helps out on the sides of the roads at night.

I love the illumination of the LED lights over stock. One note...I put my lights on in the winter and never checked the alignment of the headlight. I hadn't done any night riding so one night I decided to take my bike for a ride and check things out. It was a good thing I did because the LED headlight was aimed to only be about 60 feet in front of me. I had to raise my shell up considerably to get it down the road so I could see. When I got things set, it was a big WOW factor. The high beam is really insane as well. As dusk approaches, but still quite light out, if I hit my high beam it lights up the road signs like you put a spotlight on them. Just crazy! Illumination my friend...illumination.

I run TrippLite LED lights in all of my shell...headlight and auxiliary lights. Very nice stylish and effective lights for the money. On the R3T the lightbar is standard. Any light you put out in front helps but the auxiliary lights really do their best illuminating the perrifery of the road. Definitely helps out on the sides of the roads at night.

I love the illumination of the LED lights over stock. One note...I put my lights on in the winter and never checked the alignment of the headlight. I hadn't done any night riding so one night I decided to take my bike for a ride and check things out. It was a good thing I did because the LED headlight was aimed to only be about 60 feet in front of me. I had to raise my shell up considerably to get it down the road so I could see. When I got things set, it was a big WOW factor. The high beam is really insane as well. As dusk approaches, but still quite light out, if I hit my high beam it lights up the road signs like you put a spotlight on them. Just crazy! Illumination my friend...illumination.
If your on a light kick like am, the LED is most definitely the way to go. I started when I rode a Harley Road King. The stock lighting sucked. Same issues with my Rocket 3T. I'm also kinda a skin flint. Hate to spend money waste fully. I choose the lower cost aftermarket bulbs. I also run additional LED Spots. My night vision isn't what it was 40 years ago. The new lighting more than makes up for it.

If your on a light kick like am, the LED is most definitely the way to go. I started when I rode a Harley Road King. The stock lighting sucked. Same issues with my Rocket 3T. I'm also kinda a skin flint. Hate to spend money waste fully. I choose the lower cost aftermarket bulbs. I also run additional LED Spots. My night vision isn't what it was 40 years ago. The new lighting more than makes up for it.
Are there any after market light bars that you guys have added to the tourer. I, for some reason just don't like the looks of the triumph accessory light bar from Triumph. I am never ever satisfied with my lighting. I have the truck light for my main beam and is pretty good but Im always looking for more.

Change headlights!
I run good headlights and have Clearwater Erica (the best) on my engine guard.
Rarely do I require use of the Clearwater . . .
Just sayin' . . .

Do you have the 2 lights directly next to your large head light? I think they are 4 1/2" lights. If you do, you need to go to LED bulbs.
I also have fish eye spot lights below the head light. I don't have $75.00 in all 5 lights.

1olbull is correct in his evaluation of the lights he runs. Hard to beat buying known and tested lights. I enjoy the research of buying the individual lights. Sure, I've bought some junk that I wouldn't put on a cycle. To me it's a hobby. I caution anyone who runs inferior lighting. You have to use some common sense. I started with the indirect lights to highlight the bike. The ones that you turn on at bike nights. Lots of fun and not much cost.

Change headlights!
I run good headlights and have Clearwater Erica (the best) on my engine guard.
Rarely do I require use of the Clearwater . . .
Just sayin' . . .
Do you have a picture of what your set up looks like. I have a truck-lite headlamp and its pretty good and some led running lights but they don't add much to my ability to see in the distance. I don't have the R3T light bar at the moment but if I have to will purchase one to get more long range lighting. I live in heavy white tail deer and black bear country and I don't want to meet one if I can help it.

Do you have the 2 lights directly next to your large head light? I think they are 4 1/2" lights. If you do, you need to go to LED bulbs.
I also have fish eye spot lights below the head light. I don't have $75.00 in all 5 lights.

1olbull is correct in his evaluation of the lights he runs. Hard to beat buying known and tested lights. I enjoy the research of buying the individual lights. Sure, I've bought some junk that I wouldn't put on a cycle. To me it's a hobby. I caution anyone who runs inferior lighting. You have to use some common sense. I started with the indirect lights to highlight the bike. The ones that you turn on at bike nights. Lots of fun and not much cost.

Pics pics pics...

The only thing I need is the headlight LED bulb. I replaced the spotlights with the full LED, not just the bulbs. I want to just get a good bulb for the headlight and there are many choices.
LED Spotlight.JPG
I have a Cylcops H4 still in a box on my work bench that's going in my Nomad but I'm wondering if any of the others where the resistor is integral to the bulb mount are worthwhile
Cyclops H4.jpg

Back