License Plate Relocation Above Taillight w/ Tr. Luggage Rack

tdragger

Living Legend
Long title says it all. I've seen a couple of pictures of Rocs with the license plate mounted above the taillight. I'll be going to the Darkside soon and I want to show off the tire. My question is about fitting this below the Triumph Luggage Rack. Has anyone done this and do you have pics?

thinking the same thing. Saw a pic somewhere, could have been on the net site. Pm'ed and asked for details, no reply... sorry, but I still think its a good idea, and I am gonna do it, even if I gotta whup somethin up myself... take care, and y'all ride safe....xhdskip

I did it to mine the second day I owned the beast. Click on the picto see it better.

this is what I did...

IMG_0079.jpg-thumb_269_202.jpg

larger pic
http://homepage.mac.com/vtxhead/.Pictures/rocket/IMG_0079.jpg

HEAD

Thanks for the responses. I've been out of town the past few days and haven't been able to check in.

RocketSteve, that's a great mod. I assume that you have to locate a T100 to get the set.

Head, that's what I have in mind. Showing off that fat tire!

Rockt3, yours looks like what I want the most. I've got Leatherlyke bags as well. Would you mind listing what parts you got? The plate holder looks like it has some lights in it. What does it do, who makes it, where do you get it? Also, what kind of turn signals are those? I like where they are mounted. Thanks.

if you zoom in on the picture you will see where I drilled the luggage rack and I used a piece of aluminum angle bracket to mount the license plate to the far back side of the luggage rack.

I will look for better pictures.

HEAD

Okay, I'll do my best to remember did it back in august of 04. The base is a generic fender tag mount from J&P cycles, The rest I got from custom dynamics back off tag frame with a led tag illuminator added. The turn signals are kuryakin silver bullets on a home made mount. They are also wired as running lights.
28816212257.jpg

[/img]
25422374942.jpg

[/img]

Back