License plate bulb

HeR3tic

Living Legend
The license plate bulb toasted recently along with tearing out of the aft wiring harness. That's another recent story. The manual doesn't state bulb types/size watts or whether they're Triumph special order items @ week's pay.

Anyone have a handle on the license plate bulb specs; and, the "position" lights bulbs specs??:D

I got the harness rebuilt and all's well, except the absence of a bulb in the beat and bruised tag light fixture; and it's toasting fuses. Poor designed squeezable rubber socket can't be reinstalled without a bulb or else a grounding out occurs, or so it appears:confused:
Tail light,position lights, 55w auxillary fog lights, and of course the plate light, all riding on fuse #10. Doesn't seem appropriate to run standard equipped lights along with the aftermarket fog lights on a stated 5 amp fuse. I believe I'll up that to 10a?:rolleyes:

This is what bikebandit.com says:

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]10: BULB,5W [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]5575661-001 [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$2.88 [/FONT]
Maybe take it to the local auto parts store and see what they can do.

Unrelated thought: I think the auto parts store is one of the last retail outlets left on earth that you can go to and always find someone to help you.

Sylvania 194 Replacement Bulb did the trick:D

Looks like the same in the "position" lights. I'm too lazy after two daze of screwing with this harness rebuilding to get under and into the head lights.

Thanks BIG B-pig9r for the reference:bch:

Back