Lets talk motorcycle lifts.....

1BigDog

Gone to the Dogs!
Ride
Size 12 Bates, extra wide
I currently have a Sears lift which is just a tad higher for the Rocket and I dont like its stability. I was looking at one of these from Harbor Freight and will appreciate your opinions on it. It looks low enough to clear and I can fab an adapter plate to fit into the holes under the engine.

http://www.harborfreight.com/automo...ands/high-position-motorcycle-lift-99887.html

I have always done my own tire swaps since I know that I WILL grease all the related parts each time, unlike a dealer. It also looks like the one that is sold in England (I think).

Your thoughts?

I've read a few threads on the Harbor Freight one, the consensus seemed to be that it was OK for the money, but there is a certain pin or screw that is undersized or prone to falling out, you should modify/upsize that.

Isn't Harbor Freight a real cut-price brand? Not sure I'd entrust my bike to something cheapo that hoists it 30 inches, but I may be overly pessimistic.

I've been looking at a German Kern-Stabi which is painfully expensive but it also looks awesome (even though height tops out at 20 inches), the big US brands out there also look fantastic but almost as expensive and then adding shipping and customs going US-made would pulverize my bank account - your jsjacks.com and the like.

I've had the Harbor Freight lift for ten years and it has worked great for all my motors.
It can be pumped up by foot or more easily connected to your air compressor.
This video shows how it works.

I've had the Harbor Freight lift for ten years and it has worked great for all my motors.

That 10olbull is a quick lil fu**er!!!!!!!!!!!

That makes for a 5 hour energy comercial...

I bought the Harbor Freight lift 7 months ago. At $300, you have to know what you are getting. That being said, I used it to lift the Rocket, no issues. Yes, it is somewhat narrow, be prepared with the handle bar straps when you start. Yes, it moves a bit, nothing major but the R3 is not light. It did the job I needed it to. I am looking at using another jack set up to place under the center of the R3 so I can remove the rear wheel. The lift has the cut out/plate in place already, I just want a secure center lift.
I switch off with the leg pump, a man needs some exercise.
Mike

Have a friend with a snarly Harley that has one of these and loves it.

Finally perfected mine £80 ATV lift garuanteed to 1500lbs and lifting bracket knocked up in a couple hours . Can remove either wheel and remains solid . Must admit , borrowed idea for bracket from another poster and tweaked it !
20160723_170410.jpg
20160723_170448.jpg

Back