Bob R

Living Legend
Ride
2013 R3T
Now that I have moved to NV and will spend a month or so inan RV park I will need a decent cover for the bike. What are people using that actually fits? I was looking at XXXL sized (113 inch). I would like to buy once and call it good.

bob

I started a thread while back ago ;wanted to buy cover for 05 good suggestions there check it out

Now that I have moved to NV and will spend a month or so inan RV park I will need a decent cover for the bike. What are people using that actually fits? I was looking at XXXL sized (113 inch). I would like to buy once and call it good.

bob

Hi Bob,

I have the Badass Moto Gear cover in XL - Ultimate Waterproof Motorcycle Cover - Outdoor Storage Motorcycle Covers for Harleys - Street or Sport Bike. Taped Seams, Windshield Liner, Heat Shield, Vents, Reflective, Grommets, Alarm Pockets,

Link is below to Amazon. Had it going on 3 years now and its faded a bit but still solid. The XL is actually big on my 16' roadster, probably could have went with a large and been fine.

On my R3T I use the Dowco XXXL cover, just over $100
3.3.14.c.jpg

I have a friend that uses covers for his bike in Chattanooga TN. He has more rust and corrosion on his bike than any bike I’ve seen of its year class. I think it hold moisture on the bike so be ware.
This is sage advice. Unless the cover is Goretex etc then they do not breathe. Condensation forms on the inside and unless the vehicle is SCRUPULOUSLY clean and dry - any salt (this includes any detergent used) will eat at anything and everything. The best thing is an old breezy garage or shed. If it's filled with sawdust - better still.

This is sage advice. Unless the cover is Goretex etc then they do not breathe. Condensation forms on the inside and unless the vehicle is SCRUPULOUSLY clean and dry - any salt (this includes any detergent used) will eat at anything and everything. The best thing is an old breezy garage or shed. If it's filled with sawdust - better still.
I absolutely agree about the condensation under a cover. Not a good thing. However, since Bob (very cool guy who has helped me out) is in Parumph, Nevada where there is very little humidity in the air, it rarely rains and he's only going to be needing a cover for a month while he's in the RV park, he should be good with a cover.

I absolutely agree about the condensation under a cover. Not a good thing. However, since Bob (very cool guy who has helped me out) is in Parumph, Nevada where there is very little humidity in the air, it rarely rains and he's only going to be needing a cover for a month while he's in the RV park, he should be good with a cover.
He definitely want need pretty pillion to go and clean the snow off

I have a friend that uses covers for his bike in Chattanooga TN. He has more rust and corrosion on his bike than any bike I’ve seen of its year class. I think it hold moisture on the bike so be ware.

I've never had that problem, but I always buy covers with vents. My current cover has two triangular vents that allow moisture to vacate and also prevent the cover from puffing up when its windy. I can see moisture being a problem with a cheapo cover, tarp or some other cover that does not have vents or doesn't breathe.

Back