Pumbaa

An African in Aus
Ride
2015 R3R
Not the type of thing you want to see on the Morning News, I got a phone call the other morning @ around 5:00am from my Step Son, it went something like this... "Mate, please don't freak out, but apparently it's all over FB and the News, Chris (his best mate) and I were out riding last night and we kinda Stacked it, well actually Chris lost it on a bend and clipped my front wheel.. we both went down, I'm OK but Chris hit a tree and he's in a bad way, oh and the Bikes are both F&*^%$"

Apparently they were into a left hand bend and Chris on the R6 had misjudged it, he was going a bit too quick and running out of road, Colt (my son) on the Trumpy was on the outside and a short distance behind him, long story short, they both hit the brakes which as we all know makes the bike stand up and the Kerb/Tree took care of the rest.

It's happened to all of us I'm sure.. once we were also young and Bullet Proof, hey most of us ride as hard as we do cause we took chances and learnt lessons along the way. Both Bikes are write-offs, although in the video the Trumpy hardly looks damaged, but the Forks and chassis have been bent.

As for young Chris, he has a broken shoulder, broken arm, multiple broken ribs, and a Spinal Fracture of C7, as well as Bumps and Bruises everywhere. My son came off pretty much unscathed at least that was until his mom got hold of him and chewed his ear off.. Apparently he had spent the night in the hospital with his Mate and filling the police reports etc and did not want to wake his Mum up, so he waited to call me on my way to work, so I could break the news to her.. Smart Kid :)

As Usual the "Media Report" was as far from the truth as possible, but hey the world would be such a boring place without dumb-arsed journalists to amuse us.. (Hope there are no Journo's on this page.... Oops :sneaky:)

Last edited:
Jeez a parents nightmare in the making. Glad your boy is alright and wish the other a speedy recovery.

Last edited:
The MOST DREADED phone call!!!
Best wishes to you son & M8 for a speedy & full recovery!

That's quite a tight little S bend and they wouldn't have to be going very fast to mess it up.

Hope all involved make a full recovery Pumbaa :thumbsup:

Children, I suppose you told him once you commit you ride it out.

When you are young you think, "Oh Sh!t." When you get older it is, " Oh Hell." You know the difference.

One thing about being young. They heal quicker than us old men.

Glad he and his mate will live to ride another day. If mommy will let him. "Just Kidding".......On the mommy comment.

Last edited:
That's quite a tight little S bend and they wouldn't have to be going very fast to mess it up.

Hope all involved make a full recovery Pumbaa :thumbsup:

Your not wrong mate, I myself have gone into that same bend and halfway through it have gone... F*$#@&*.. "HOW LOW CAN YOU GO??"....

Children, I suppose you told him once you commit you ride it out.

When you are young you think, "Oh Sh!t." When you get older it is, " Oh Hell." You know the difference.

One thing about being young. They heal quicker than us old men.

Glad he and his mate will live to ride another day. If mommy will let him. "Just Kidding".......On the mommy comment.

I think they both got one a hell of a scare.. He has already said he is kinda glad that the bike is a write off, as he is not sure if he wants to get back on it again.. Of course DAD told him he has to get back on the Horse (yep in his own Time) and Mommy, well she just smiled (while she sharpened the knives... :evil::mad:LOL)

Glad he is all right and waited to tell you rather than his Mom.

He spilt the beans a lot earlier than I did though when I had a big one at 25. Spent a week in hospital and an initial 10 months off work afterwards with a few more ongoing hospital stays in the years ahead. My sister found out a few months later when she rang my work and told my oldies who were posted to Madrid, Spain at the time.

My attitude has always been no point telling them when they can't do bugger all about it anyway and I could look after myself at home - wait till you catch up to drop it on them. Eventually would have been hard to avoid when still off work and wearing slings and bandages for ongoing ops a year or two later. ;):whitstling::whitstling:

The only thing I fear getting my nephew into riding is that he will end up in a heap. But I did it...and lived through it....and maybe a half way controlled crash is a good teacher. I just never could stand to see kids in pain. It makes me sick.

Back