Less expensive Windscreens

HellFire

Legend
I found an aircraft windscreen manufacturer that makes bike screens. They are beautiful and nearly impossible to tell from the factory parts for $170-$200 depending on height and color. They can be ordered from 2" shorter to 8" taller than factory and bolt right to the standard front end fixing kit. The site is
I'll post a picture later once I get around to installing it.

Some of the Gold Wingers have been using those for awhile.

Dennis

79 dtg Dubai
80 dtg Home

I had one on my 00 BMW r1100rt, very high quality stuff. You can get them slightly tinted as well. I was very impressed with their BMW screens. I didnt know they made a scree for the R3 Id order one, but I already bought the roadster screen from Triumph. I give em 2 thumbs up

In my case, the Triumph shield was a couple (literally) of dollars cheaper. I bought the Roadster "Blade" (screen without hardware, Triumph just started offering this) for $210. It's 7 inches taller than stock. That site offers more size and color choices, however. It's also good to find another place that offers just the screen. I know some folks like having 2 complete shield setups, but I'd never do that. I simply want one screen at the right height. Some guys say they switch to shorter for summer, but I don't get that. I don't want head buffeting at any temp. I take mine completely off on occasion (rare).

I have a CB windscreen on my KLR that's 4" taller than stock in light smoke. CB is big into Kawasaki windscreens.....

Little note about Triumph windscreens (all models). They are manufactured by National Cycle, the same people that make the SlipStreamer. National is very hard to deal with, they are actually rude on the phone. I know, I had a problem with the summer screen on my Bonnie, called National and was basically told to stuff it.

That's why you have manufacturers like CB and others making windshields and screens. CB is top quality stuff.

It was shipped on thursday and will be here middle of next week .... I'll post my opinion after the install. I'm a little disapointed that it took 5 days to put it in a box and call UPS, oh well ... I'm saving $400 right?

Whats that old saying ... when its too good to be true? When I talked with the guy on the phone I asked if it bolted to the factory fixing kit part. He told me yes, fits right where the triumph part would go.
I just got it today and it looks great, problem is there is nothing there but the plastic. They failed to inform me that none of the metal parts come with the windscreen. So, now I have a spare plexiglass for when the screen I just had to order from Gengras today for $435.00 gets damaged ... yay. I thought I was saving a few bucks but now I'm into a windscreen for over $600.00 total. Live and learn:eek:
Still, I see that the part is good quality and $150 is alot cheaper than buying a whole new triumph screen.

Last edited:
Back