Length between Classic and Standard clutch cables?

Willtill

Nitrous
Anyone know off hand of the differences in measurement length between the Classic and Standard clutch cables?

I ordered the WRONG clutch cable from Bike Bandit; what is coming in is a cable for a Standard but I gots a Classic. However I have T-Bars installed so I am hoping that the Standard length cable will fit.

Anyone know off hand of the differences in measurement length between the Classic and Standard clutch cables?

I ordered the WRONG clutch cable from Bike Bandit; what is coming in is a cable for a Standard but I gots a Classic. However I have T-Bars installed so I am hoping that the Standard length cable will fit.

Will the classics had two different lengths made. The lengths changed as the C;assic pull back bars were introduced in 07. I have a new set of them on the wall and will take a measurement for you when I get home from work. Just a note I did not need to change them when I ordered and installed a new set of the Classic pull back Bars on my 06 so they might have already started changing cable lengths then. I will know when I get my other bars from Oz to install on Gracie.
She has the rivco risers on her now and it looks like original cables from how tight fitten they are. (they have not been relocated to the inside of the risers)

Thanks Scott.

I'll use them if they're not tight... we'll see... rather than to avoid return/restocking fee's... no wonder why Bike Bandit is called "Bike Bandit"... :lol:

I also didn't know that there were two different lengths for Classics... geez... something so simple gets more complicated... :shock:

OK I have 2 extra Clutch cables one of which I got with the Classic pull Back Bars Part # T2043583 manufatured on May 30th, 2006 sheath length to overall 91mm length to stepp in aluminum ferrel 89.4 mm and one of which I got with Gracie Part # T2043560 manufatured on May 25th, 2008 sheath length to overall 89.45 mm sheath length to stepp in the aluminum ferrel is 88.6 mm
Both units were made in Spain
hope this helps
Warp

Thanks Scott.

I'll use them if they're not tight... we'll see... rather than to avoid return/restocking fee's... no wonder why Bike Bandit is called "Bike Bandit"... :lol:

I also didn't know that there were two different lengths for Classics... geez... something so simple gets more complicated... :shock:

I never buy from Bike Bandit so I cannot speak either way about them.

The 06 Classics had standard bars. 07 was the year that started the classic pull back bars.
Mine was bought August 22, 06 built is April 06 I believe.

Since Gracie does not have th eblower I have been using her to figure out a way to adapt the Pipercross air filter that is supposed to support 290 hp (this is bulk HP not rear wheel. 20% loss will give 232rwhp)

I am using the OEM velocity stacks while waiting to hear from Velocity of sound. The air temp sensor will be mounted inside the filter. I just have not added the hole for it yet.
Its a work in process :)

Last edited by a moderator:
That is coming along very nicely Scott.

Hey Art; what's the "scoop" on the air scoop you guys have been developing? It's been a decade now.... :-D

I have an '06 Classic with pullback bars so I'm not sure based on what Scott's saying why that's the case, but it any rate you can route the clutch cable behind the tripletree and I bet yours will fit even with Rivco risers like I have (that's the longest sentence I've ever written - hope it makes sense!)

I am using the OEM velocity stacks while waiting to hear from Velocity of sound. The air temp sensor will be mounted inside the filter. I just have not added the hole for it yet.
Its a work in process :)
Now that idea I do like. Be interested to see how close the rear bit is to your knee - i.e. whether the foam will get worn.

Now that idea I do like. Be interested to see how close the rear bit is to your knee - i.e. whether the foam will get worn.

It will be covers with a outerwears prefilter. I will be sending it off so they can measure and make one. As for the knee there will be some bear claw in front of it. I do not know how much yet. Most likely I will cut the Falcons and order a new one for it.

Back