RickyT

2009 Rocket 3 Touring... in Alberta Canada
Ride
2009 Triumph Rocket 3 Touring
I have a bum knee so i need to stretch it out a little when riding? Are there forward control options or is there a seat out there that sets you back farther an inch or two like Harley does?

2009 Rocket Touring

No real options for changing the controls on the R3T. Highway pegs help and if you go with a Mustang or Corbin seat it moves you back a bit. You can look at shaving the Touring seat down as well.

No real options for changing the controls on the R3T. Highway pegs help and if you go with a Mustang or Corbin seat it moves you back a bit. You can look at shaving the Touring seat down as well.
You can fit forward controls from an aftermarket US maker for R3 Standards and Roadsters with their foot peg setups and existing foot rails removed. Foot rails and foot peg / foot boards controls can be swapped over from R3T to Roadsters etc and vice versa. Same as some run R3T footboards and rails on their Roadsters. So if these can be swapped between R3 Tourings and other R3s - you can mount the common fwd controls onto a Touring but you lose your foot boards for a HD type peg set up that could be modified with Kuryakin type footboards or mini footboards for pegs like I have fitted to my Roadster.

@Idaho Red Rocket 3 has a pair of Standard peg foot rails he is selling real cheap in the Classifieds. So options abound.

Refined Cycle model FC17 forward controls

FC17 Forward Controls Triumph Rocket III Roadster Classic Standard & Rocket X

I have a new set of these fwd controls in the shed but check local US supplier delivery cost as they may be cheaper there due to postage.
New Retail Price in USA $276.84 (Au$410 - Au$432 depending if your converting to Aussie with or without fees) . Mine are new too and only Au$300 but postage back to the USA would be about Au$120 anyway. :(

Highway pegs work very well for that (for me at least). As mentioned, beyond that looking at seat options is your best bet.
-MIG

Back