Left Turn Signals

flhtpi

.060 Over
Riding home from work today I noticed my left turn signals stopped working. After dinner I did a little trouble shooting. It looks like the flasher is always hot with the igniton turned on. When you select turn signals it provides power from the flasher and then you have turn signals. I have good power to the flasher. When I select right signal I get power to the right signal flashes. When I select left signal I have no power to the signal. Looks like a bad handle bar switch.

Anybody ever have issues with this switch?

Ive just been through a drama with my RH indicator and found the ground contacts in the indicator housing are flimsy and can be bent downwards to touch the positive contact when replacing the bulb if you are not careful.
If it was the switch,I would expect that to be warming up also.

Ive just been through a drama with my RH indicator and found the ground contacts in the indicator housing are flimsy and can be bent downwards to touch the positive contact when replacing the bulb if you are not careful.
If it was the switch,I would expect that to be warming up also.

My problem affects left front and reat signals. My rear signals are LED's. I took the signal switch apart and cleaned it but left signals still inop. New switch is $101.00. I'm calling dealership tomorrow for appointment for replacement under warranty.

update:

It looks like soaking the switch with WD40 has fixed the problem for now. After soaking all night when I rode the R3 to work this morning and left signals work as they should.

If the bike is under warranty, get them to fix it. Tell them you did a temporary fix with WD40, but that it needs to be fixed correctly. The switch can be taken apart easily - BUT CAREFULLY - and the contacts cleaned up. Possibly a bit of emory cloth to clean the oxidation or whatever is gunking it up.

Back