Left Switch housing directional joystick getting stuck

imcool

Supercharged
Ride
Rocket 3R 2022
so, looks like moisture has gotten this button for good.
I was noticing these buttons were not as good as before month by month.
They dont return to their original position without little bit of touch including blinker/direction indicators and Joystick.

i tried to put wd40 and then electronic contact cleaner and nothing helped on this joystick button getting it free though wd40 and contact cleaner did help on bliner/indicator button.
Unless there is a lube which can work on this plastic stuff I dont have other choice but to go dealer for this and claim warranty. I dont want to put ACETONE or GASOLINE, they gonna melt plastic right away 😂 😅

Last edited:
I like to use corrosion-x ... I submerged whole arduino circuits without issue. It may help. I actually disassembled some old cameras with rotation base that are suppose to be inside use but I keep outside of the cabin, spray that stuff and they are free again rotating without issues. No problem with plastic or electronics

Have you tried gently pulling on the switch? It may be slightly pushed in and friction holding it in the down position. Just a thought.

so, looks like moisture has gotten this button for good.
I was noticing these buttons were not as good as before month by month.
They dont return to their original position without little bit of touch including blinker/direction indicators and Joystick.

i tried to put wd40 and then electronic contact cleaner and nothing helped on this joystick button getting it free though wd40 and contact cleaner did help on bliner/indicator button.
Unless there is a lube which can work on this plastic stuff I dont have other choice but to go dealer for this and claim warranty. I dont want to put ACETONE or GASOLINE, they gonna melt plastic right away 😂 😅

Maine too also cruise control. My dealer changed whole unit by warranty.

WD40 has great marketong but it is useless. WD means Water Displacement and it is nothing more than grease in spray. You surely don"t have water inside.
I have great experience with CRC products, made for proffessionals. You probably need to use Precision cleaner to temove the dirt and grease from there. When it will work again, apply a bit of 5-56, which contains a bit of lubricant. For me it worked in similar situations.

WD40 has great marketong but it is useless. WD means Water Displacement and it is nothing more than grease in spray. You surely don"t have water inside.
I have great experience with CRC products, made for proffessionals. You probably need to use Precision cleaner to temove the dirt and grease from there. When it will work again, apply a bit of 5-56, which contains a bit of lubricant. For me it worked in similar situations.
Unfortunately in my case it's not worked, my dealer dried twice. Only replacement with a new whole unit worked in my case.

I also tried *2 drops* of liquid wrench penetrating oil and that didnt help either. i am going to dealer to get it replaced under warranty, I guess, moving forward we have to keep it lubed/cleaned periodically or dont wash the bike ?

I guess in going to be proactive on this thing, disassemble, and protect those circuits

Back