Left me on the side of the road today-Need Help!!!!

britman

Nitrous
Ride
2005 Rocket 3/2014 Moto Guzzi Touring
For the first time the Old Fat Bottom Girl left me standing on the side of the road today. I went to the bank and post office for my job this morning and when I turned into the post office lot, she died. Started right back up, but as soon as I turned the handlebars, dead again. I fiddled with the ignition switch and bingo, it was shorting out. Finally it would not pull any juice no matter what position the handlebars were in or how much I moved the switch around. I had to call for a ride and put her on the trailer.

Has anyone pulled the ignition switch on a Rocket. I have a new one on order and hear there are some security screws to deal with and you have to remove the top yoke? Not covered in the Triumph manual of course. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Lets see, cam chain replacement due to paint can rattle, leaking rear motor plug, and now ignition switch gone. Maybe I should have waited for a 2006/7. Naw I still love the old girl.
She just doesn't look right on a **** trailer.
Link Removed

I had a bolt work loose on mine, and I used somethign in my toolbox to remove the second bolt...can't remember if its a Star or something but you can get to it and remove it, just designed to slow you down if your tryign to hack in

with any highperformance vehicle your going to ocaisionally run into problems.....
I just smoked my clutch... BUT that was self inflicted

Been there done that, about two weeks ago. My dealer got the new ignition switch under warranty, installed and have been riding again, total time off was about a little over 10 days. But since then I've been enjoying it again. Sorry, Busajack, I still consider my dealer fantastic and he does know what he is doing.
Dennis

Up Date

The switch is out. The two security screws are a mother to get to unless you have the right very very small female tork bit. I finally ending up pulling the top yoke where they were accessible and removed them with dental pliers. The problem is the same as tdragger and all of the rest, a faulty solder connection. I am attaching a bad shot. I just can't get a good close up so there will be no career in insect ****o. One thing further gentlemen. Check your handlebar screws during your next maintenance. One of mine was just shy of finger tight.
Link Removed

Back