Left hand handlebar grip

DavidR3R

.060 Over
Ride
Rocket 3 Roadster 2015
Does anyone know how to make the left hand handlebar grip secure? Mine has started moving a couple of mm and although it's a minor thing it's annoying.

I've taken the bar weight off but can't see anything obviously wrong. Appreciate any tips.

Rocket 3 roadster 2015 with Triumph heated grips.

Thanks cad conversions, yeah I thought it should be straightforward as you've suggested but the grip wouldn't slide off when I removed the bar weight, felt like it was held in place and I didn't want to force it.

With all the experience on here with Triumph's heated grips I was hoping someone knew how it works and if it was an easy fix.

Cheers, Dave

Have heard many years ago of some using hair spray to secure them on. Probably better stuff on the market but I suppose it is an option if you are out with a female and one gets unstuck.

You can use compressed air under the grip to loosen it up off the handle bar. Might can squirt some rubbing alcohol under there to loosen the glue or whatever has it stuck on the bar.

When I was a kid....long time ago....I use to mount my grips by wrapping the bar with one layer of friction tape. Then I would put a little gasoline on the tape and then slide the the grip on over the tape. The gasoline would slick up the friction tape so you could easily slip the grip on over it and then when the gasoline evaporated out/off, the grip would be adhered tightly to the bar. That was the way it was always done back then. Am I old or what?

Cheers guys for the replies and ideas. Looks like I just need to free it off and glue it back in place.

Dave

Does anyone know how to make the left hand handlebar grip secure? Mine has started moving a couple of mm and although it's a minor thing it's annoying.
I've taken the bar weight off but can't see anything obviously wrong. Appreciate any tips.
Rocket 3 roadster 2015 with Triumph heated grips.

A little hair spray.
:oops:
@Scorp beat me to this idea . . . :(

Back