Left foot board removal on classic

captain jack

Turbocharged
I've got the tank off for some light repair, so in the meantime I thought I'd get some welding done on the mounting flange of the footboard. Looking at it, it also seems to be the pivot point for the rear brake pedal, has anybody removed one before & how easy is it? While I'm posting has anybody got one for sale.?

I've got the tank off for some light repair, so in the meantime I thought I'd get some welding done on the mounting flange of the footboard. Looking at it, it also seems to be the pivot point for the rear brake pedal, has anybody removed one before & how easy is it? While I'm posting has anybody got one for sale.?
Its not that hard just remember which way the return spring hooks up for the pedal. remove the master cylinder pin from the pedal and unbolt the master cylinder from the frame rail. The idea would be to leave the brake system in tact so you do not have to bleed it but that's up to you it is easier if you can bleed the system because you can take it apart piece by piece. I have never taken apart a standard but I believe the only things really different is the standard uses a bolt hold the reservoir instead of a nut like on the classic. the brake pedal is smaller on the standard. Both pivot bolts for the pedal torque to 27 nm. Oh and the brake lines are different from the master cylinder to the rubber line.

Its not that hard just remember which way the return spring hooks up for the pedal. remove the master cylinder pin from the pedal and unbolt the master cylinder from the frame rail. The idea would be to leave the brake system in tact so you do not have to bleed it but that's up to you it is easier if you can bleed the system because you can take it apart piece by piece. I have never taken apart a standard but I believe the only things really different is the standard uses a bolt hold the reservoir instead of a nut like on the classic. the brake pedal is smaller on the standard. Both pivot bolts for the pedal torque to 27 nm. Oh and the brake lines are different from the master cylinder to the rubber line.
Thanks Warp, job done!

Back