Leds front headlight causing fuse to blow

struddy

.040 Over
Ride
triumph rocket
Does anyone know how to stop my taillight and number plate light fuse to stop blowing.
I put leds in front and shop said its causing it

Well sounds like your LED circuit that is attached to the Yellow Wire is more current than the fuse rating - which is 5A

How did you connect your LEDs?
Did you wire the main LED circuits to the Blue/Red and Blue/White (Lo & Hi respectively) and did you wire anything to the Yellow Wire (is there a Halo or 'running light as part of the LED)
Whatever you connected to the Yellow wire(s) is what is causing Fuse to blow.

Assuming this is an auxiliary running light feature of your LEDs and they are indeed supposed to be wired to the Position/Park (Yellow) wires, then you would probably be fine just increasing fuse size to 7.5 or 10

Yeah I've just installed Led headlights and my
Blue Hi-beam indicator light comes on.
For just indictors you probably need to change your flashercan to an LED one.

Well sounds like your LED circuit that is attached to the Yellow Wire is more current than the fuse rating - which is 5A

Did you wire the main LED circuits to the Blue/Red and Blue/White (Lo & Hi respectively) and did you wire anything to the Yellow Wire (is there a Halo or 'running light as part of the LED)

Assuming this is an auxiliary running light feature of your LEDs and they are indeed supposed to be wired to the Position/Park (Yellow) wires, then you would probably be fine just increasing fuse size to 7.5 or 10
They pluged straight in . There was no park light spot so taped up wire. Shop put a 10 fuse and resistors on line but it only lasted a little while

Emmmm - resistors where?
Should be no resistors with LED headlights

OR are you talking about turns? turns are the ONLY LED component that would ever require a resistor but even then they don't go in line but across them (but simpler to just swap the relay & no resistors)

So if there is no headlight connection to the park circuit then you must have a partial short somewhere that has nothing to do with headlights

Nothing connected there

They pluged straight in . There was no park light spot so taped up wire. Shop put a 10 fuse and resistors on line but it only lasted a little while
When you put the led headlights in, you mentioned there was no parklight so you taped up the wire...there is the problem. Because the parklight bulb is a push in type, you need to leave the bulb in and then tape it because the contacts inside(Where the bulb pushes in) will touch and short out.....I know, cos I did it too!..it dosnt hurt if you leave the bulb taped up and tucked in the back behind your leds...hope this fixes it.

When you put the led headlights in, you mentioned there was no parklight so you taped up the wire...there is the problem. Because the parklight bulb is a push in type, you need to leave the bulb in and then tape it because the contacts inside(Where the bulb pushes in) will touch and short out.....I know, cos I did it too!..it dosnt hurt if you leave the bulb taped up and tucked in the back behind your leds...hope this fixes it.
Think the triumph shop soldiered the ends.
Will try fix that

Think the triumph shop soldiered the ends.
Will try fix that
I popped a number of fuses when I was installing my leds and this is what it was....drop a headlight out...I know its a pain in the arse cos that wee screw is a bit bloody short, but you need to have a look at those wires to eliminate it...

Back