Votes: 10 83.3%
  • TAIL LIGHT

Votes: 2 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RADEMIS

Supercharged
I need a few opinions, please.
I installed some led strip lights to the back of the saddlebags. I am not through wiring them up yet because, I need to decide if I want them to be tail lights(always on) or brake lights.
what do you-all think would be better. More tail light or more brake light? Rademis

I wish your poll had a 3rd option for more both brake and running.

My wifes x-mas present to me...(leatherlyke tour pack). I've added the centre running/brake light to the tour pack plus a brake light modulator. Cheers,

Link Removed

I run a BackOff means (modulator) to make Turn lights to function as nornal turn signals and as brake lites (at a heightened intensity) as well as Running lights. The arrangement REQUIRES the use of the modulaor for normal 1157 bulbs and similar. With LEDs the same would be true. They CAN be wired alternativiey.

I failed miserably on my original install under the rear fender and it cost me. I soon thereafter installed under the seat after I completely reinvented the aft harness. What a screw up that was!

Last edited:
Both! MORE tail light and MORE brake light is my route. Anything to increase visibility, including CHROME :D Though I'd say Triumph needs to recall for the lack of a self-canceling turn-signals :p

Last edited:
:I've been considering side marker LEDs recently and running as intensified STOP (brite) amber lights has crossed my mind, You, or the authoritarians, may have issues running red STOP lites on the sides :mad: but, It's up to me to make the right choice.

Consider for a moment that a Yellow Light, inthemostminds, means go faster; and red means...I'd llike to believe the latter would be the best course and my RED marker light in your front wind screen DOESN'T MEAN speed up
And now I've motivated. I'll, soon enough, find out how 1157 marker lights/turn signals/and running lights and an LED array, or few, coexist with a BackOff Modulator set. Maybe PC pink would be preferred by the electorate for side markers.

Last edited:
If I Had To Choose

When I had the Vectra turn/brake lights installed on my mirrors, there was a setting that let my OEM turn signals double as running lights with a lower intensity. I'm still looking for that real bright brake light to place somewhere on the back. I think most drivers can see me when I'm moving but I definitely want them to see me when I'm stopping and when I'm stopped.

I was thinking about adding the license plate holder that has bright red LED's around it? :cool:

I bought one of these and wired the top and bottom strips as running/stop and the sides to flash with the turn signal on that side. I also bought from Electrical Connection some led light circles that mount on the turn signal bulb with a rubber grommett and function as running and brake lights. My wife said that before these mods, she was having trouble seeing my brake lights. Oh, and I also installed the Back-off brake light module that flashes the brake lights when you activate them.
http://www.hondadirectlineusa.com/stores/product.asp?pid=2763&str=2&ID=461666085

It's not so much that a motorist sees you, it's more of a problem with do they comprehend your presence.........:)

You can be lit up like a birthday cake for an 80 year old codger and they (cager) still won't comprehend your presence. It all has to do with physical size. How many times have you read about a car running into a truck and the motorist saying he 'didn't see the truck'....almost never unless the cager is loaded or smoked up.

Like sidecars. There are very few accidents involving sidecar equipped motorcycles because for one, there aren't a lot of them (I know that) but when you are riding an outfit, your physical presence is much greater than a 2 wheeler.

I'm in no way saying that more lights don't help, but how much they add to your physical presence is only a guess and no more. (I have never seen a study done on lighting versus accident rates on bikes though I'm reasonably sure there is one. There's been a study done on about everything, especially with government grants!)

The best thing is to ride your bike in a pro-active stance, that is, anticipate what might happen in your particular set of circumstances at any given moment. That's why I refrain from motorcycle accessories that can distract a rider from that pro-active attitude. Accessories like radio's, GPS units, intercoms and the like, draw your attention away from the most important task, riding your bike without becoming a statistic. A fraction of a second of inattentiveness could cost you your life. Accidents and personal injury happen extremely quickly.

The best thing is to ride your bike in a pro-active stance, that is, anticipate what might happen in your particular set of circumstances at any given moment. That's why I refrain from motorcycle accessories that can distract a rider from that pro-active attitude. Accessories like radio's, GPS units, intercoms and the like, draw your attention away from the most important task, riding your bike without becoming a statistic. A fraction of a second of inattentiveness could cost you your life. Accidents and personal injury happen extremely quickly.
Pro-active :D I do that anyway (can't help-it when aboard a Rocket). Perhaps in truck driving school the term "Pro-active" is the buzz word. Healthy paranoia is what it really is. My study shows, the more bikes in a crowd the less likely an accident with a cager will occur. But I ride alone 99% of the time. An attention getter such as a tail light section lit up like a Christmas tree or a 80 y/o's birthday cake is key to being seen from the rear. Especially under adverse light and weather conditions. To each his own. And if a few strands of Christmas tree lighting happens to dangle around the sides, all the better. Healthy paranoia: Everyone IS out to get you :D

Gramps is stopped in the right turn lane, (Alabama allows right turn on red). The number of cagers lined up behind him are mounting steadily. There's absolutely no traffic moving in any direction; but, gramps is not about to go ahead and make his right turn, because the straight through and left turn lanes have a red light. He's totally oblivious to the conditions, including the dozen of cagers behind him waiting for his next move. He must have been a transplant, or needed one :D

Back