R3Tex

Living Legend
Ride
'13 Rocket III Roadster
I know there are several threads going around about LED headlights, but I thought I would throw another one in the mix. I installed HD Daymakers on my Roadster tonight. It was a no pain, no strain install. No trimming, no relocating brackets, I even kept the parking lamps LOL. Here's what I did...

1.) Remove the OEM headlamp by unplugging the H4 connector and cutting the yellow wire and black wire leaving the parking lamp bulb in the reflector. Put it to the side for storage, throw it in the dumpster...whatever...you won't need it anymore.
2.) Crimp, solder, then insulate using heat shrink tubing a 1/4" push on connector onto the yellow wire.
3.) Seal off the black wire with heat shrink tubing. This may not be necessary, but I'm sorta anal like that.
4.) Plug the H4 into the Daymaker.
5.) Plug the yellow wire into the red wire on the Daymaker.

You should end up with something like this...

20131029_192303.jpg

Re-install assemble the headlight and you should end up with something that looks like this

20131029_195504.jpg

I installed HD Daymakers on my Roadster tonight. It was a no pain, no strain install. No trimming, no relocating brackets, I even kept the parking lamps LOL. Here's what I did...
These are the NEW 5&3/4" Daymakers - AFAIK only made for Harley though I'll guess the same source.

The HUGE plus there is the ZERO modification fiting. The minus is a Harley Logo - albeit very very discrete. Still 400bucks a pop.

Which segments are lit on Dip And Main?

These are the NEW 5&3/4" Daymakers - AFAIK only made for Harley though I'll guess the same source.

The HUGE plus there is the ZERO modification fiting. The minus is a Harley Logo - albeit very very discrete. Still 400bucks a pop.

Which segments are lit on Dip And Main?

I'm not close to the bike but best I remember from last night the lower is off on dip and everything is lit on main. I looked them over when I purchased and didn't find the HD logo...then while installing I noticed it on the head of the parking lamp. It is about as small as they could make it I reckon

Back