led gear indicator

xhdskip

Living Legend
Just out of curiosity ya understand, would anyone be interested in a led gear indicator?
A custom fit, custom design especially for our bikes.
This hypothetical led gear indicator would have only one function, to instantly tell you what gear you're in.
It would probably be mounted above and between the tach and speedo.
It would probably be very user friendly, 10-30 minute install and plug and play.
Simple. Anybody but me interested in something like this?
Just curious ya understand.
Oh yea, It would probably be less than $100.

Last edited:
Actually, I think this would be very useful. Sometimes in the rush of traffic and such I find myself running up the gear shift to check what gear im in. yeah theres a tach but you can run 3000 rpm in 2nd, 3rd, 4th gear.

What components are you planning to use? Custom? off the shelf?

mutt

LOL as Im writing this post I look over at the ads and theres one for a gear indicator.
too funny!!!! edit - forget it its $179 can from someone up north.:D

mutt

Yea, I had the same add when I came back to the thread.:cool:
No, this one is homemade, by me, for me, don't have any pics yet,
as I only wanted to get a feel if there was any interest before I go buying boxes of parts.
Besides, I suppose I probably need to make it a little more presentable,
its cosmetically challenged at the moment.
To answer the earlier question of "why".
My riding must differ from yours,
I have hills, blind curves, straights, don't know how many times I've been in 5th and tried shifting up to 6th.
Thats the reason I made it.
I'll definetly have it on at RAA4. I'll also post pics.
Maybe I need to get with Flip to be a distributor since he already pays for advertising here, and I don't want to step out of line.
In the mean time, I was just curious if there was any interest remember?:rolleyes:

hadn't considered chrome.
I was going for waterproof, durable, pleasing to the eye, dependable, foolproof, and plug and play simplicity.
Now that I've thought about it though, chrome will probably be out as there's not a chrome shop around anymore.
But alas, fear not, there's always that chrome paint we have on our radiator shrouds, you could make it chrome I guess.

Back