Leather lid inserts?

Hellwalker

Supercharged
Secret Harbour, Western Australia,-USA-Friendswood
Leather Lid Inserts - Motorcycle Saddlebag Reinforcements, Inserts and Stiffeners -
Anyone ever heard of them, anyone seen them? Anyone tried them on Triumph Rocket bags? I don't really trust the internet websites these days but I talked to the guy on the phone and he sounded pretty straight up. I am just not sure of the install or if I want to do the install? This is not a recommendation yet, just a question I have not put them on my bike, their link is reference only. I am just looking for anyone's opinion. Thanks allot.

Look up in the top right hand corner of this page. Flipmeister has them. Have them in my Triumph bags and they work great.

Leather Lid Inserts - Motorcycle Saddlebag Reinforcements, Inserts and Stiffeners -
Anyone ever heard of them, anyone seen them? Anyone tried them on Triumph Rocket bags? I don't really trust the internet websites these days but I talked to the guy on the phone and he sounded pretty straight up. I am just not sure of the install or if I want to do the install? This is not a recommendation yet, just a question I have not put them on my bike, their link is reference only. I am just looking for anyone's opinion. Thanks allot.

Interesting.....

I could probably manufacture inserts/liners for potato bikes too. Problem is, I like to eat potatoes instead.:D

Little apples to oranges comparison between his and mine...

He wants 100 bucks for his kit plus 10 bucks shipping. I charge 50 bucks plus 7 bucks shipping (domestic).

Him- $110.00 Me-$57.00

He charges 50 bucks to install his inserts and you pay the shipping both ways. I charge 25 bucks plus you pay the shipping both ways

Him- $50.00 Me-$25.00

He offers a one year guarantee on workmanship and materials. I offer a LIFETIME no questions asked return policy on my inserts as well as any Flipmeister Signature Product

He does not offer a physical attachment system for securing the inserts. He suggests contact cement. I include with the inserts, color matched fasteners. Contact cement will not allow the insert and the leather to adhere to each other for a prolonged period of time. Leather, by it's nature, is oily. Leather is preserved animal tissue and you can't glue leather and plastic together and expect them to adhere to each other for any length of time. I've tried various adhesives and all have failed on a short time.

Him- Glue, not supplied Me-Color matched fasteners included in kit

He's not familiar with Triumph Leather Panniers, I am. I have a set and they have my inserts installed. Do you want to deal with a generic installer?

I also offer a complete reconditioning service to restore your panniers to 'like new' condition plus install my inserts...... He don't.

Seems like a no-brainer to me.

Last edited:
Got to agree with Flip.
I've had his liners for a couple of years I guess.
Quality product, along with ALL his stuff.
Priced right too.
I just ordered some more stuff the other day.
probably should have got a case instead of a jar or two,
but that black rock goes so far.
If you need to put something on your bags, like saddle soap or whatever, DON'T..
Get flips stuff instead, it works miracles on anything leather I've tried it on.

+1 for the Flipper...

Listen, you gotta go with an old guy when it comes to keeping things stiff by artificial means...:eek:

Back