Leather embellishers

ZoneIII

Supercharged
Ride
2015 Triumph Rocket III Touring
With the weather turning bad, it's time to mess with trivial stuff.

I'm thinking of putting a Triumph leather embellisher on my leather windshield bag just to dress it up a bit. (See picture below.) Triumph has two leather embellishers. One attaches with adhesive and the other attaches with a pin or pins. But the product info on the Triumph site gives very little details. I contacted Triumph but didn't get an answer to my questions.

First, if anyone has one of these, could you tell me their dimensions?

Also, my windshield bag is real leather that I treat every once in a while with leather honey so I'm not confident the adhesive version would work. I can remove all the leather oil with a solvent but the embellisher would go on the top of the bag which flexes when opening and closing so I doubt if the adhesive version would work anyway.

That brings me to the version that attaches with a pin or pin (Triumph just mentions "A" pin.) Does anyone have one of these or has anyone seen one? The reason I ask is I can't imagine a single pin holding the embellisher in place so it doesn't rotate out of place. Two pins would be needed for that. Also, does the pin or pins hold it tight to the leather? Lastly what type of pin is it? I need to know because I don't want whatever it probably attaches to on the inside of the bag to be scratching up the contents of the bag. If the pin is of a type that leaves nothing sticking out inside the bag I could probably use it AND add some adhesive. If the "pin" is actually a screw that screws from inside the bag into the embellisher, that would be fine.

This is a trivial question, of course, but I appreciate info from anyone who owns one of these.

BTW, I do own the adhesive version (a different part from the leather embellishers) that goes on the passenger footrests and that works fine but attaching it to flexible leather would be a different matter.

Embellisher 1.JPG

Last edited:
Yep! That helps and it makes sense.

My windshield bag leather is probably similar to that of the leather panniers. From what you've said, I may try the adhesive type. If they are thick enough, I could even drill and tap them for tiny retainer screws but I don't have the dimensions of the embellishers.

Thanks!

Do you know your part number?

The Left Hand Side bit in the description below makes no sense to me, seems like a left handed screwdriver. But I do not have a "Touring' model but a 'Roadster' model.
acc_43437_img1.jpg

Triumph Leather Embellisher Chrome Left Hand Side
Pin Fastener
Triumph Motorcycle Part Number: A9938098

Note price discount.
Was: £20.00 Now: £10.22
Triumph Leather Embellisher Chrome Left Hand Side

And the retainers are hard to press on best to use a small socket. You can fit with or without the backing steel bar.
The embellishers below are only small about 7cm long and about 3cm high and are what I fitted to my Roadster panniers at the front side flaps.
This image appears to show both stick on and the pinned version at top with backing bar that is placed between leather and retainers.
acc_43414_img1.jpg

Triumph Motorcycle Description: EMBELLISHER - CHROME, S/ADHSV
Triumph Motorcycle Part Number: A9938097
Note price discount.
Was: £20.00 Now: £10.22
Triumph Chrome Embellisher

There is a much larger version that was also sold as a pannier/saddlebag embellisher and these have a large 4.5cm stick on Triumph triangle aluminum label that fits them. They are also pinned onto the leather and I have two of these I placed on the back facing part of my saddlebag flap lids as I already had the small pinned ones where they would normally be placed.

Triumph Motorcycle Part Number: A9938031
Triumph Triangular Badge
acc_709_img1.jpg

Both styles were being discounted heavily at World of Triumph recently.

Then there are these stick on version. It would appear they come as a pair by the price and plural title.
Triumph Chrome Passenger Footboard Badges
Triumph Motorcycle Description: PILLION F/BOARD EMBELLISHER CH
Triumph Motorcycle Part Number: A9938096
£35.00
Triumph Chrome Passenger Footboard Badges
acc_27182_img1.jpg

You will find a lot more goodies here to possibly justify an order and the international freight costs.
Rocket III Touring

They charge a flat maximum rate no matter how much and the size of the items. Not sure if very small items are much cheaper.
They may offer lower freight on small items but I usually bundle heaps and pay a flat £82 even if buying multiple HEAVY and large items all get delivered via UPS within 4-5 to Australia and their tracking is superb. It takes longer to process import and deliver in Australia than the 2 days to actually get here.

They also provide VAT free pricing for non EU buyers so take 20% off the prices that initially appear.
Once you register and sign in as an International non EU customer, the prices automatically change and display as VAT free.
You do not have to buy to register and can cancel at any time during checkout before confirming payment via Paypal or your credit card. very handy to to see if your freight remains unchanged.

I got some for my passenger pegs...I think it well to mention that the embellishers come with the Triumph triangle not applied. They do have stickum on them and you apply them when you install the embellisher.

Thanks everyone!

The embellishers I'm talking about are on this Triumph Accessories page:
Motorcycle Accessories Shop by Model | Triumph Motorcycles

The adhesive version is part #A9938097. The pin-on version is part #A9938098. I'm not talking about the triangular medallions.

The left-hand part of the description you mention makes no sense to me. That reminds me of when I sent a neighborhood kid to the hardware store with $10 to pick up a left-handed screwdriver. But the joke was on me when he kept the $10. On another occasion, when I sent someone I worked with to a parts company to pick up a box of replacement RPMs. He called on the phone when he got there when the salesman had no idea what he was talking about. I told him to tell the salesman that we had a slow running motor and needed a box of replacement RPMs. He passed that on to the salesman and I heard loud laughing on the phone before he hung up. He almost killed me when he got back. But I digress.

As I mentioned I do have the adhesive embellishers for my chrome passenger foot rests. They are part #A9938096. I'm guessing that maybe they are the same thing as the adhesive versions of the embellishers I'm thinking about for my windshield bag but sold in pairs for the passenger foot boards. But I'm not sure about that.

I have a R3T but the model isn't an issue. The embellishers will go on a non-Triumph windshield bag so the model of the bike makes no difference. I just want to put a Triumph embellisher on it to dress it up.

I have seen the larger version with what looks like a backing plate Ishrub pictured (above) - I think i saw it on Ebay. I thought that was part of the embellisher itself but it sounds like you mean it's a backing plate that goes inside the bag. If so, that would be good. Of course, if it isn't, I could make backing plate as long as the pin is long enough to go through the leather and the backing plate if I choose the pin-on kind.

Thanks for the dimensions. I'm going to see if that matches the size of my passenger footboard embellishers tomorrow. If so, I'll at least know what to expect about the size.

I'll check out the links provided right now.

Thanks everyone. That's a big help!

Last edited:
Yeah, I checked my old order and I bought the small pinned embellishers for my leather OEM panniers. The backing plate does go on the back of the leather surface you attach it to.
As you stated above, the pin-on version is part #A9938098. They cost me Au$35.81 each about 18 months ago from an Aussie Triumph dealer online and I was shocked how small they were when they arrived and how much they cost.

Arhh just found the large Pin on Pannier embellishers in another order I got from Jack Lilley Triumph in the UK and do not come with the triangle stick on badges. These are about twice the size 13cm x 6cm from memory. They appear as below when fitted. As stated earlier as I already had fitted the smaller ones where these normally go I place them at the rear of the pannier lids and used red reflective tape to fill the triangles.

A9738003 £14.17 each excluding VAT for non EU purchaser
US$29.99
Triumph Rocket III Pannier Side Embellisher A9738003
Triumph-Chrome-Embellisher-A9738003.jpg

£17.00
Triumph Pannier Embellishers - Side | A9738003
image.php

The Sissy bar rear embellisher is A9738002 and was £16.67 excl. VAT

These are stick on version and do not come with the triangle stick on badges.
US$29.95
Triumph Rocket III Sissy Bar Back Rest Badge A9738002 Online from Pure-Triumph.com
1782.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the great info. I did go ahead and order the pin-on versions of the smaller embellishers as I pictures in my original post. I really like the large you you show but I think the small one will look best on my windshield bag. It's 9" long and the big one would probably look too big on it. I have seen the large ones before but I couldn't find a place that still has them. Thanks for the link. Maybe I can find a place to use that one. I can't use it on my panniers, though, because I have the hard (plastic) ones. I'm surprised yours didn't come with the triangular inserts. Hopefully the inserts can be ordered separately.

I do have the embellishers for the passenger footpegs already. In fact, I have the chrome plates that they go on that replaced the stock black ones as shown in your picture. They really look nice. Those embellishers did come with the triangular inserts. I also have an embellisher on my sissy bar. It came on the bike. but, if I remember correctly, they aren't the large one you show.

Thanks again! You've been a big help. I really appreciate it.

Last edited:
I thought I'd post a couple pictures of the embellisher on my windshield bag. BTW, thanks for the advice. As someone said, the retainers for the embellishers can be very hard to press on but using a socket as recommended here did the trick. A 1/4" socket works perfectly. However, one of the posts on the embellisher had a raised edge on the end so I had to touch it up with a file before it could be pressed on.

In case anyone is wondering about the windshield bag installation, I'll attach a couple pictures of that too. It looks like the embellisher is slightly off center but that's just because I didn't press lid back behind the 12V outlet on my handlebars.

Triumph bags with the necessary adapter are apparently no longer available so I had a company in Oregon make a real leather bag for me. It's 9" in length. I had them add the chrome studs because they go along with the studs on the tank bib that I have.

I had to take the bracket off the back that normally fits over the inside cross-member of the windshield and install it on the bracket that I made out of aluminum. It's shinier that it looks in the picture because the picture was taken through my dirty windshield. There simply isn't enough space to fit the bag in the space between the handlebars and the windshield if it isn't mounted higher up. That's what my bracket is for. To dress it up a bit, I added a bronze NRA concho that came off an old belt that I had.

BTW, the picture was taken with the bike in my brand new R & R trailer. I got it so I can haul the bike to warmer temperatures in the winter. I had the trailer place install a Lock & Load chock system but there's no way in the world it would hold up the Rocket like they show in the videos demonstrating the system on YT. I had to really beef up the strapping system. If anyone is interested in getting a Lock and Load setup for their big bike, I saved a file explaining what I did that I posted on Amazon. I would be happy to share it. But, for now, all I'll say is that I made the system MANY times stronger than the flimsy L&L system alone.

Thanks again for your help.

IMG_0653.jpg
IMG_0658.jpg

Last edited:
Back