Learned something new with the "Roadster"

Douglas

"Ardbeg Man"
Ride
2010 Rocket Roadster with Jardines 2006 Kawasaki Concours
Hey folks...I just got back from a 3K mile ride around Nova Scotia with my "other bike" (2006 Concours-first time riding it) and while I enjoyed it quite a lot it was good to be back on the Rocket. Rode to work this morning...my new habit has been to lock the steering at the ignition, and apprantly I turned the key one position over to a spot called "P" and low and behold at noon she would not crank. Careful observation determined that when I removed the key in this "P" position the lights remained on.

Seems kind of odd and I am not sure why this option is even on the ignition. Buddy on his way to jump me...Glad to be back in Alaska, on the Rocket, and on the fourum-Have spent the last several hours catching up...some very entertaining threads!

When I bought my touring in 08 the salesman mentioned that to me, it stuck with me and 7 yrs and two Rockets later I still think about that whenever I turn the bike off
But yet I don't remember what I had for dinner last night :thumbsdown:
Dinner was two hours ago!

The extra position on the switch is for "Parking" lights. If you have to leave your bike somewhere in the dark, on the side of a road, you can use that to turn on the tail lights and the little bulbs in the headlights. This way people can see you without having to leave the headlights on. Your car should have the same feature. ;)

When I bought my touring in 08 the salesman mentioned that to me, it stuck with me and 7 yrs and two Rockets later I still think about that whenever I turn the bike off
But yet I don't remember what I had for dinner last night :thumbsdown:
Is that why you always post it on FB?

Back