Lean, rich, or just right?

slaphead

.060 Over
Done a few miles on Hans tune for the PCV+AT, now, i was hoping for figures between +/-5 :) but got some big'uns, so is it running rich or lean?..:confused:

Attachments

• P1000786.jpg
    P1000786.jpg
    366.8 KB · Views: 129
Actually those are not to bad you have to remember that is what it is doing to correct the map/tune in your ECU and bringing it in line with the AFR's in my map accept the trims and just keep on enjoying the ride the tune in your ECU was a tune that was dyno for another bike and there fore is not going to be exactly what your bike requires. I ask you this question ... Is the bike smooth is it running nicely with plenty of power on tap.
There is one thing you might want to change in my map and that is on the Fuel table to highlight and put in a value of 10 in the 0 throttle range from 1500 rpm onwards to the bottom, I am at work but if you drop me your email I will send you the revised map cos it will make it even smoother when I get home

Yes, the bike is running the best it ever has been, no problems at all..Thanks for the map and your work and time doing it for us..:cool:

Yes, the bike is running the best it ever has been, no problems at all..Thanks for the map and your work and time doing it for us..:cool:
whats your e-mail and I will send the revsied Map which will smoothen out the bottom end even more and reduce the backof popping

When you say 1500 on down, I am assuming you mean to 500 RPM, not the bottom of the page and 7000 RPM?

You sent me your map, and while I haven't had any problems with it, the idle area has always concerned me as I haven't gotten a cable to run Tune ECU and load a new base map.

Thanks again,

Matt

When you say 1500 on down, I am assuming you mean to 500 RPM, not the bottom of the page and 7000 RPM?

You sent me your map, and while I haven't had any problems with it, the idle area has always concerned me as I haven't gotten a cable to run Tune ECU and load a new base map.

Thanks again,

Matt
no you don't want anything in the 0% throttle column untill you hit 1,500 rpm and on to the 7,000 limit and depending how much you want to get rid of poping is dependant on whether you want (as i do a nice little crackle with a soft pop) slight popping by puting 10 in that column or as much as 20 to remove even more but the side effect is that it also make acelerating from a closed throttle smoother.
The reason you don't want anything below 1,500 rpm is because it will effect the idle as in make it idle fast or hunting, where there are 0 the bike will run on it's map in the ECU because the PCV will only adjust via the Auto Tune once you go over 2% throttle due to lack of sufficent back pressure in the exhaust to get an accurate reading with the Auto Tunes Wide Band sensor, this is as was explained to me by a helpfull DynoJet Techo guy when I picked his brain for more info

no you don't want anything in the 0% throttle column untill you hit 1,500 rpm and on to the 7,000 limit and depending how much you want to get rid of poping is dependant on whether you want (as i do a nice little crackle with a soft pop) slight popping by puting 10 in that column or as much as 20 to remove even more but the side effect is that it also make acelerating from a closed throttle smoother.
The reason you don't want anything below 1,500 rpm is because it will effect the idle as in make it idle fast or hunting, where there are 0 the bike will run on it's map in the ECU because the PCV will only adjust via the Auto Tune once you go over 2% throttle due to lack of sufficent back pressure in the exhaust to get an accurate reading with the Auto Tunes Wide Band sensor, this is as was explained to me by a helpfull DynoJet Techo guy when I picked his brain for more info

Thanks for the info on this, i now know a tiny bit more..:)

Hanso, you are the man! I wish I knew as much as you about all this, but I don't think I would understand it.

Do you know if any attempts have been made to make a PCV map on a per cylinder or per cylinder and gear basis? Similar to what the stock Triumph map is?

The PCV certainly seems to have the potential to do some great things. It would be interesting to pair its great potential with the RIII's and see what happens.

Hanso, you are the man! I wish I knew as much as you about all this, but I don't think I would understand it.

Do you know if any attempts have been made to make a PCV map on a per cylinder or per cylinder and gear basis? Similar to what the stock Triumph map is?

The PCV certainly seems to have the potential to do some great things. It would be interesting to pair its great potential with the RIII's and see what happens.

The DynoJet tech guys told me to use those indevidual gear functions you would need to use a speed shifter for the functions to be working. To have the indervidual cylinder function you would need to have a O2 sensor in each header and I don't think there is an AT unit that can handle three cylinders, the function is there for the Harley's which need to have indervidual tuning

Back