Last Trip Before BRRRRR Winter?

Gregger

Living Legend
Ride
2012 Rocket Roadster
Last weekend may have been our last trip before Winter sets in. The weather hit 26C which is beautiful for us northerners at this time of year. Took our time and had a real blast. The leaves have really started to change and the scenery was breathtaking. Had a great time riding with some friends. A Harley, a BMW, a Suzuki Bandit, a Victory Crossroads and my Roadster, all part of the group.

Map of where we went.

Started in Timmins at 900 am. Breakfast at the local Esso

upload_2014-10-1_17-34-0.png

Me at the Watershed restaurant (Arctic and Atlantic watershed) 150 kms from starting location.
0001.jpg

0002.jpg

Matachewan Ontario.....the edge of nowhere!

0032.jpg

One of the guys taking a break by the lake in Gowganda. The park benches already put away for the snowmobile season.
0009.jpg

Stopped in Elk Lake by a famous chipstand.
0019.jpg

A couple of Harley riders took notice of the Rocket......first one they had ever seen! All one could talk about was the Trident he had in the 70s. They both thought it was a 6 cylinder.
0025.jpg

Another shot in Matachewan getting ready to saddle up. Had to admire the bike first!
0031.jpg

0030.jpg
0029.jpg

Ended up at the Temagami Restaurant along with a dozen other riders. Had supper and travelled the last 100km back home. Doubt there will be any others until next year.

All in all, put close to 9000 kms on the bike since May and hope to get a few more runs in before winter really sets in. Already had snow so every sunny day is a bonus. Envy you fellow with perpetual summer.

26c is great warm weather but you can still ride and enjoy down to 15c We Aussies Do(sometimes even lower but then you need the winter woolies on like a trip Ruzz Brian and I did earlier this year left home it was 2c) come on don't be slack squeeze a couple rides more in.
I enjoy seeing the pictures of the country side in other countries, besides the leaves in the picture are only just starting to turn

Hey Hanso,

15C is balmy here.

I'll keep the bike going for as long as I can. Usually park it first week of November but this year..... Glad you like the pics. We meant to take a lot more but got too engrossed in the ride. :)

For a couple weeks this winter it was getting down to sub 10c , saw it at 5c one day on my ride to work , i learned that layers to trap the heat are your best friend...........

With heated gear you can ride down to 15F without a problem. It is the ice, snow, and salt on the road which tend to make it unpleasant.

it was dark on way to work this morning but lunch time clouds cleared off enough to notice snow on mountain tops must have been from storms this past Saturday,sunday winter definitely on the way. been wanting to ride back to Ouray,telluride Colorado to see the leaves changing if I ever get a day off going on 6 weeks now 12 hours a day

Hey Hanso,

15C is balmy here.

I'll keep the bike going for as long as I can. Usually park it first week of November but this year..... Glad you like the pics. We meant to take a lot more but got too engrossed in the ride. :)
Thats my problem I all ways seem to forget to take Pictures:rolleyes:

Back