L.E.D. Head and tail lights. What are you using???

Headlights
Funlove 5-3/4 5.75 Inch 45W Round Projector LED Headlight DOT

Tail Light
Philips 12839REDB2 Intense Red Vision LED Stop/Tail light

Last edited:
I have Sun Pie, Chinese knock offs for the front and this bulb for the rear:

iBrightstar Newest 9-30V Super Bright Low Power 1157 2057 2357 7528 BAY15D LED Bulbs with Projector replacement for Tail Brake Lights,Brilliant Red

I like this rear bulb because it also emits from the end and not just the sides.

bob

Headlights: If you really want to ride at night anywhere near bends - You will want Adaptive (be they JW.Speaker or clones).
Taillight - It matters little what LED you stick in as the OEM reflector and lens are basically very limiting.
I agree, especially regarding the tail/brake light. Dunno why, but I'm always concerned about having a car rear end me. The Thunderbird storm has an LED array. I keep wondering if I could somehow mod it, so it's mounting holes would fit where our R3 holes in the mudguard are!
Hey vindex1963, do you find that Philips led to be much brighter?
Cheers,
Dean

I agree, especially regarding the tail/brake light. Dunno why, but I'm always concerned about having a car rear end me. The Thunderbird storm has an LED array. I keep wondering if I could somehow mod it, so it's mounting holes would fit where our R3 holes in the mudguard are!
Hey vindex1963, do you find that Philips led to be much brighter?
Cheers,
Dean

Yes I do especially the brake light, running light seems the same.

Based on recommendations from others on this list, I installed the Funlove's--they are good looking and really light up the road. I don't like to ride at night, but they are a thousand percent better than the stock candles.

As for the rear, I'll do LED conversion soon, but I installed an Admore light bar--expensive, yes, but it can be programmed to do various things--and my buddies say it really grabs their attention--I think anything that flashes helps get car drivers' attention.

Back