Kurykan Kinetic Grips

Nice looking grips really like the all black ones.

Thought so as well... been drooling over them for a while and thought about taking the gamble on a set that fits the vtx1800 since that seems to the be the ticket on the ISO grips but then saw they are listed under two different ones.... Best I can recall - the ISO grips were too but I never wanted them so I didn't spend too much time investigating

They look to be the same fit, with the 72 being chrome and the 73 black. Not bad, but I'm broken and arthritic (and Canadian) so I need heaters.

I've been eyeing them as well, my stock rubber grips are getting kind of ratty. They are really nice in the hand, better than ISOs imo.

I've been eyeing them as well, my stock rubber grips are getting kind of ratty. They are really nice in the hand, better than ISOs imo.

They've been out for a while - can't believe no one has grabbed them up yet to try. Reading the installation instructions for the ones listed above - they don't seem to be the ones we need. Talks about gluing a throttle sleeve onto the bar, etc???

I just ordered something simple, functional and less expensive . . .
Biltwell GR-REN-01-BK Black 1" Renegade Grips

Last edited:
How do those even install?? Looks like the right grip doesn't even have anything to connect to the throttle cables??

Old grips are cut off. Throttle side is larger ID to slip over the existing throttle.
Easy-Peasy - no cables or controls to remove!

To fit Triumph they would need to make one with the cable pull built in, and the universal one's won't work, as they depend on the Japanese technique of using a separate throttle tube. I don't know if one of the Harley models would be persuaded to fit, but I think their standard is similar to Triumph, that the cable pull is part of the grip. Harley uses fat bars, but if any are necked down to our size at the grip end it might be worth some experimentation to get some for that type, and try them.

Back