Kuryalkyn multi purpose back rest

NASA

Standard Bore
Ride
13 rocket roadster
I have just seen the pictures and video for this. It is truly a brilliant idea that alas isn't made for the rocket. But.... You buy the backrest and then buy the bracket that fits your bike ( mostly hardly davidsons)
Has any one here fabricated their own bracket for fitting this to a rocket?
If so please post details! I am seriously considering giving this a try so if I do I will keep you posted!

I have just seen the pictures and video for this. It is truly a brilliant idea that alas isn't made for the rocket. But.... You buy the backrest and then buy the bracket that fits your bike ( mostly hardly davidsons)
Has any one here fabricated their own bracket for fitting this to a rocket?
If so please post details! I am seriously considering giving this a try so if I do I will keep you posted!
Well I had to have it so I bought the backrest and fabricobbled my own brackets it came out pretty well I think!
20220409_131047_HDR(1).jpg
20220409_131020(1).jpg

LOL I already stole your bracket design from FB. ;):cool::roll::roll:
Excellent well done!
Another aftermarket rider backrest option which I have to say is the best design I have seen.
I expect 90+% of the time most riders have no pillion anyway and when they do, their comfort is the priority.;):roll::whitstling:

Rocket III backrest conversion 1 (2).jpg

Which one did you use?
Looks like Black/Chrome 1661.
As noted the price is just for backrest and pad. The side mounting brackets are sold separately which saves us buying the Kuryakyn part that doesn't fit, but you have made it easy by making a template for a custom set of brackets to fit Rocket IIIs. Brilliant!

#1661 Au$536 here in Oz on Amazon.

#1660 Au$536 here in Oz on Amazon.
1649670877457.png

These will likely bolt up to Mittzy's Quick Release system sissy bar brackets too.
Check them out as he is preparing a 4th and maybe last run of these popular items.

1649671616471.png

These will likely bolt up to Mittzy's Quick Release system sissy bar brackets too.
Check them out as he is preparing a 4th and maybe last run of these popular items.

1649671616471.png
I wonder what the measurment is between the mounts?

I wonder what the measurment is between the mounts?
Spacer tubes mate, spacers cover all threads and look cool and cover most situations.

My first encounter with the concept of 'spacers' was aged 4 ....a portable BBQ my old man had that was made of 2 plough discs with sets of three steel rods welded on each disc at 120 degree intervals, one set under the top plate disc and one set over the bottom fire disc with another set underneath.
Three long bent pipes and 3 short ones (spacers).;):cool::)

All you need now is the measurement. But as you measured stuff to design your offset QD ones to match the stock sissy bar you have already have a good idea, he has flat brackets and you have 4, 5 or 6 Rockets (at last count) so you should be able to figure it out. ;):roll::roll:

Spacer tubes mate, spacers cover all threads and look cool and cover most situations.

My first encounter with the concept of 'spacers' was aged 4 ....a portable BBQ my old man had that was made of 2 plough discs with sets of three steel rods welded on each disc at 120 degree intervals, one set under the top plate disc and one set over the bottom fire disc with another set underneath.
Three long bent pipes and 3 short ones (spacers).;):cool::)

All you need now is the measurement. But as you measured stuff to design your offset QD ones to match the stock sissy bar you have already have a good idea, he has flat brackets and you have 4, 5 or 6 Rockets (at last count) so you should be able to figure it out. ;):roll::roll:
down to 3 rockets now. Spacers will work if the width is narrower than the QR brackets. but if wider will require re-engineering

Back