snuffcityrider

Living Legend
Are these an easy install? And aren't they a little longer? I would like a longer grip so that I could use the throttlboss on the highway but have room for my hand on the grip only around town.

Hey snuff, I have some photos of the K grips in my album (maybe not the exact style) and yes, they are longer. If you look, I believe I've posted about my experience with installing them & getting the Throttlemeister to work in conjunction with them. A little thought went into the process but it was not that bad. You will need to do some trimming of the stock plastic throttle sleeve to get the new grip on the throttle side. I believe I shared a secret about getting the left side grip to stay put without "rolling" around the bar. And with a post to inform another captain, it should go easy.

Not certain if any of the junk I posted will help you but give it a look/see.

See ya.

I have the grips on mine but I also have different bars. The problem I have with the grips is that all the space between the rubber allows cold air and metal to make my fingers really cold at 30-45 degrees. I don't know if temp is a problem where you are but here in Maine every morning its 35 degrees.
Otherwise I like the grips with the Throttle gizmo and I find highway cruizing much more acceptable. I ride 165 miles a day to work and it makes throttling much easier. I wish they made a grip with an all rubber surface.

I have the Kury grips with a colored ring, throttle boss and the kewl-lock on each side. I did not have to do any trimming whatsoever on installation when done last fall. I think there may have been a change in the design since Rusty did his. However, the left grips spins and slides so I need to find Rusty's post for the fix.

Mark,
Tried to reply before, but it didn't post. I have the Kury flame grips for a Honda Shadow 1100. The throttle side replaces the throttle sleeve. The Rocket's throttle cables slide right in and everything fit very well togther. The Kury's are longer and and bigger around which gives a much easier to grip to hang on to, for me anyways..

Mark,
Tried to reply before, but it didn't post. I have the Kury flame grips for a Honda Shadow 1100. The throttle side replaces the throttle sleeve. The Rocket's throttle cables slide right in and everything fit very well togther. The Kury's are longer and and bigger around which gives a much easier to grip to hang on to, for me anyways..
So your saying order grips for a Shadow 1100 and they should fit?

That's what I did and they work great. I first went for the ones that slip over the stock throttle sleeve, but when I installed the throttle side, it would squeeze the sleeve too much and the throttle wouldn't return. Maybe I didn't shave enough of the bumps things off of the sleeve, I don't know.

So I took them back and picked up the only other set they had (small mom&pop place close to here) which were labeled for a Honda Shadow 1100, as well as several other Japanese bikes, and they went right on like they were made for the Rocket as well.

I actually just replaced mine. I have different bars, but they are 1". The only problem that I had was that the throttle enclosure will not close tight on the bottom. I have some tape over it for now, but I am looking for a permanent fix.... anyone else have this situation?:confused:

I don't know, I can't figure it out... I am going to pull it apart again tonight.

Back